Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Been away for a bit

Hello, Quilty friends!

I've been away for a bit, but I have a couple of really good excuses:
    1. As some of you know, I've been selling microwavable bowl cozies to a local gift shop. I've also been sewing some lined grocery bags (from Virginia Lindsay's book, Sewing to Sell; she allows you to sell whatever you make from the book, and she has a great YouTube channel as well) and some rayon challis infinity scarves for an upcoming craft fair that our church is participating in come November. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I delivered some cozies and showed the purchaser at the shop the bag and scarf, and she loved them - even said she had thought about asking me for bags, because on August 1, a new law went into effect here in Connecticut (that's in the Northeast US) that taxes plastic grocery bags at 10 cents a pop. So I've been busy trying to get into the sewing room as much as possible.

2. A week from tomorrow, DH and I will have been married for 40 years. That sounds a whole lot longer than it feels! Anyway, at Easter, our ten children & seven children-in-love gave us a card informing us that they had arranged a week's vacaction in August for us in York, Maine, at a lovely bed & breakfast. They had all chipped in, and they even included extra $$ for golf and fabric shopping! For those unfamiliar with it, York is about an hour north of Boston, right on the ocean. Took us a little over 3 hours driving from Hartford, so totally manageable. We had a wonderful, relaxing time of it, and throroughly enjoyed ourselves. My sweetie even took a day trip with me to Keepsake Quilting in New Hampshire (about 2 hours from where we were staying); since I don't know that I'll ever have the opportunity to get to Hamilton, I figure it's the next best thing. Beautiful shops with lovely folks. I came home with a bunch of 1-yard cuts that were only $3 a piece, and a 3-yard cut of backing fabric that will be perfect for the table runners I'm working on for the craft fair. I also bought a book & template for the Phillips Fiber Art Braided Twist (https://www.phillipsfiberart.com/sho...-x37288949.htm ) as a toy for myself.

So that's my excuse. Missed you all, and glad to be back!

And PNW friends - I'll be out your way next month!

Quilty hugs all around,
    ~ Sally \0/

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Been away for a bit

Welcome back, so glad you had such a nice Anniversary, what a wonderful gift from the family!!!

3. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a great anniversary gift! Glad you had such a great time!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good to read your update. A perfectly good excuse for not being here. You've been busy. Happy Anniversary. It sounds like it was a wonderful trip.

7. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Sally. You sure have been busy. Wishing you a Happy Anniversary in advance. Hugs...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back and quite understandable. Life does get busy and it's great that you went away for your anniversary. How blessed you are for a full life surrounded by a loving family. BTW, you share my DD birthday. Happy belated birthday.

The green trend continues here also, with many stores charging 5 cents per bag. For groceries, I have a huge collection of bags I bring and often leave some at food banks. I just might make some foldable bags to sell at the craft fair this fall, but only if I get other stuff done first.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy to hear from you, Sally. It's so nice when you can get back here to share your time and news. I know the plastic bag thing is slowly being phased in around here- Central Illinois. DD#2 went green a couple years ago and bought a bunch of re-useable bags. I measured them and made a couple for myself.. I just have to remember to take them with me. LOL

Congrats and hope you have many more Anniversaries.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back and happy anniversary. How wonderful to have had that trip.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!