Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unfinished pieces that will keep my mind busy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tops1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	160337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tops2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	160338Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tops3.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	160339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tops4.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	160340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tops5.jpg 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	160341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tops6.jpg 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	160342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tops7.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	160343
    I have been away off and on for a couple of weeks. After SammyBird died, we were having trouble being home and not having her here so DH got it in his head to look for some property on the coast. We have looked at 25 waterfront properties and have found a few we like, but it is so foreign to me, I can't commit. Everytime we come home, I realize how much I love our property and I have overcome DH's objections that it is too much work by telling him we can hire someone for less than the cost of the move. I think he is going to settle in and now my mind isn't feeling so fragmented.
    Anyway, I arrived home this afternoon and found two very generous donations for the Shriner Project. A large box from MOM23 (thanks Robin) and one from Sewbizzy (thanks Carol). I will be working on finishing these exquisite pieces of work and hopefully making my forum friends proud of them. I will be posting some finished pieces this week that I believe are the work of Mimihoward. My DD helped me finish some of them as I was falling so far behind this year.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Unfinished pieces that will keep my mind busy.

Happy to hear things are settling in. you are a very busy lady and have missed your posts!!!

3. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely new tops and I am sure you will finish them off beautifully. As always! Sorry to hear you are so conflicted about moving. It is such a big decision. My dh has been grumbling over the last year about the yard work here becoming overwhelming. Who told him to plant a gazillion flower beds anyway. I said who cares if every weed is not picked and the grass is a little long sometimes. I can live with that. But maybe I am just too lazy to pack up everything in my house and start over. I admire you for even considering it to make your dh happy bc it sounds like you really want to stay where you are.

5. Thanks Jean Sewing Machine, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry ~ So thankful reality is sinking in & you plan to stay put on your lovely property. There really is no place like home. We had a previous neighbor whose wife "just had" to have a new house on the other end of town in a new neighborhood. They sold their house for less than they could have got out of it & moved to the new place. He had all the yard work to do over so it was like what they had at their previous home. He also needed to do finish work in the bsmt. He agreed with DH later that it would have been cheaper to have stayed put & hired some of the work done or to have bought a riding mower. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

The way real estate prices have increased in the 41 yrs. we've lived here, we never could afford to buy our home again -- or another one. We are staying put. This is the 6th year we've used a lawn service to mow our yard. I used to do it all. Our riding mower now sits idle in the shed.

What a lovely surprise getting those quilt tops & fabric. I know you'll do them justice. Hopefully it will help ease the grief from losing Sammy. It takes time to work through that grief. One day at a time.

7. Thanks grammaterry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to hear that you are settling to stay in your home. It's never an easy decision to downsize or move, but like Joy mentioned, it can be cheaper to hire services than move. Great surprise donations.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, you always make us proud with your creations....and the finishing of the projects that we are honored to send to you for the Shriners.....
    I am glad you and your dh are getting through your grieving process....and I am glad you had a chance to get away for awhile...hugs to you, Carol
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

11. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You all are so great. DH has me on a roller coaster. Last night he hits me with …"I really want that house on the water...what can we offer?" I want him to have his dreams...I really do...but I thought we were done with that one. I have prayed that God will guide us, and believe he will. It is just so far away and so foreign to me. I fear that we will get there and the unfamiliarity will fragment his mind and then I will be alone taking care of him. I guess It could be the other way too. I admit that the property he is infatuated with is awesome. House is okay. But, it is still very rural. I think its further from a grocer than I am now. But, there is one neighbor that may or may not be a full time resident.
    Up and down. Back and forth. I just want to sit and enjoy what God has given us. Thank you all for your thoughts.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Terry. That is such a dilemma. I think you may need to make a list of pros and cons about every aspect of current and potential property. House, repairs, maintenance, cost of loiving, taxes, location, access to services such as hospital, medical facility, shopping, family, support circle, activities, weather, climate, isolation. You mentioned earlier it was by the coast, near water? Flooding concerns? You also mention its rural. That not always a good idea as people age, unless they have unlimited wealth to pay for every service. I always think down the road about our children having to help out.

It could be he just needs a change of pace. How about renting a home in the area for a few weeks/month. A trip? Maybe he needs to fall in love with your own area as someone mentioned, the grass is not always greener on the other side. How does he spend his days, maybe this is an issue. My ex was never happy with our homes although they were beautiful. He always wanted new, every 3-4 years. The last time he wanted to move, I put my foot down and said that's it. I lived there 17 years and then I left. I realized he would never be happy, and still isn't. He buys new house every 3-4 years. I know this is not the case with your husband.

I will keep you in my prayers for resolution.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

15. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Tell him to build a big pond on your property, and at least there would be no danger of hurricanes.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

17. Thanks grammaterry, ktdid thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Terri.... lots to keep your mind busy! I too am working hard to distract! What do people ever do without a hobby??? I'll never figure that one out! These will be beautiful! I will most likely be sending a package down the road... with such busy hands the place is beginning to overflow...LOL.. Hugs, to you my friend.. GB
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

19. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post