Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Unfinished pieces that will keep my mind busy.

Terry, so glad you have some wonderful donations to work on. As to the move, well that is an awful lot to absorb. My DH wanted to move long before I did and we did hire some work to be done. When the time came to actually act on it, it was done fast and I have never regretted the move. In our case we moved from a multilevel home to a one story condo. Best thing we could have done. Now that we are in our seventies it is making life so much easier. His concession to me? Well I have the larger of the bedrooms for my sewing studio (also serves as guest room when we have overnight company). Each decision will be unique, but I will pray for you to have a good outcome. The suggestion to have a rental (trial run?) for awhile may help ease your mind.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

2. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Unfinished pieces that will keep my mind busy.

Yep, thought of renting. Can't find one in that county. We have two ponds, we have woods, deer, bear,coyote, birds, everything a sportsman would crave. We have 40 acres, a swimming pool, lots of fields to mow...we are always busy. He wants BIG water, a boat, woods, rural just like we are. The house he is dreaming of is minimally better than the one we live in but on two grassy acres next to a big woods. Has sound frontage and a river inlet so crabbing, shrimping and boating.
    However, it is still 30 min to a grocer and 1 hour to a town of size. 6 and a half hours to any of our children and we are in our 70's. I'm so … don't even have a word for it. So I'm sewing like a mad woman

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post