Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Happy Friday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Friday

Came here earlier but forum was down. . So I got some things done and now it's a bit of breaktime. The good news from yesterday is that my embroidery machine is functional again. It turned out to be a bit of tangled thread gumming up the works. After trying a couple other things yesterday morning something told me to get a flashlight and look in the thread uptake part. So I enlisted the help of hubby and we tried a couple different things to get that little troublemaker out of there. It's a small opening and I didn't want to use anything that might damage the machine. What did the trick was a pipecleaner! It was soft and gentle enough to slide in the area but "sticky" enough that the thread stuck to it. Woohoo. I did a bit more cleaning to make sure nothing else was in there, plugged the machine back in, turned it on and did a practice run and did a jig of joy when it stitched out perfectly. So happy.

So now it's time to get on with the rest of my day. Have a good one everyone.
    Last edited by Ginny B; August 16th, 2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Friday

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I sure miss the Forum when it's down. Glad to see it's up again now. I was here at my usual 6 a.m. time, but no Forum availability.

I have the washer going. Bed change today. I plan to wash all the mattress pads & bedding, so that will be an all day job. Yest. I washed several fleece throws & 1 fleece blanket. I try to do all the bedding once a year in the summer months when I can hang some items outside on the line.

I finally did some sewing yest. afternoon. I made 6.5" rail fence blocks using my Tula Pink "Pinkerville" JR strips & light teal background fabric. I need to make a few more yet. The process goes quickly using the strip piecing method. It felt good to get something accomplished.

Yest. morning I cooked up the Anasazi beans & surfed the web for a new supplier of the beans. Amazon wants too much. I contacted the Adobe Milling in Dove Creek, CO, which is in the 4 corners area where these beans are grown. She mentioned they ship these beans to my local groc. store in 10 lb. burlap bags, so the price/lb. is less than the individual 1 lb. bags. I'm going to check it out the next time I'm there. Beans also can be ordered on line, but the shipping adds up in a hurry.

Today is DH's & my 44th wedding anniversary; it was a 2nd marriage for both of us. He read through our wedding album yest. & took a trip down memory lane. He also looked through some of his family photo albums. He gets pretty nostalgic at times. With both sets of parents gone & all our siblings, he really misses that family contact. And with the exception of the DS#1 who moved to CO this year, all the kids & gr. kids live at long distances in other states. We seldom get to see them. DS#2 is hoping for a long week-end visit in Sept. DH has not traveled since 2001. I haven't been able to get away for a vacation for 6 yrs. The caregiving keeps me close to home.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Ginny! It's very satisfying to fix a problem with our machines, and much cheaper than the repair people.
    For some reason, I woke up early and was out of bed by 4:15. By 70 I was on my way to Lowe's and Walmart. It's very warm here with high humidity, which I like, but it's bothersome to DH. I'm still in the process of getting my new room in order. Today's project is building a set of shelves for all my STUFF. Everything was cut and sanded yesterday, so now it's just arranging the shelves the way I like them. Soon I'll be getting the sewing machines back out, and I hope I remember how they work...it's been so long.
    Everyone have a great day!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great job, Ginny!

I came earlier, too. The dreaded white screen. I went outside and put the river rock down around the corner of the house. The run off from the guttering washes the sand away, and it ends up under the trim around the garage door. We'll see if it works, rains are supposed to be coming in this afternoon. I was done shortly after 7:30 with that. I finished listening to the book, the last 10 chapters, were almost torture. There were several places the story could have ended, but I guess the author wasn't finished with the main character.

After that I ripped the binding for Bob and Mary's quilt. I talked to Dot last night, Mary is having trouble with her heart beating too slowly. The quilt is bound and when Mike comes home, we'll take it to the UPS store to have it shipped to Dot. She can deliver it to Mary.

Not sure what's next on my list of things to do. I'm sure I'll find something to keep me occupied.

I hope M* figures out what's going on with the forum! I miss it when it's not here!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Happy friday
    thanks for sharing your pipe cleaner tip must be a relief to have it working again.

its a rainy day here, we are all supporting the fire, it went out again a few days back, so re lit today when inside temperature got to 18 degrees c that is around 64 f.
    last night made gf shortbread, which turned out nice, we used icing sugar, this makes it smooth, think prefer the texture granulated sugar creates.
    have a great day
    T

Happy 44th Wedding Anniversary, congratulations Jcy
    Last edited by 201 Treadler; August 16th, 2019 at 12:36 PM.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I had a very productive morning getting all my appts and errands completed. The mobile dog groomer will arrive soon. — 2 haircuts a 2 baths ate on her schedule. I want to start sandwiching my quilt so I can start sewing straight lines to quilt it. We are suppose to get another heat wave , so that should keep me inside.
    JCY— happy anniversary!

Have a good afternoon.
    Beth

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't get on early this morning and gave up. My day actually started earlier because I wasn't on here.

I went to town this morning to pay the insurance on the house and the van, got a few groceries and a few camping supplies. Back home in record time. I pulled the weeds from my flower bed and filled a garbage bag. A trip to the dump was in order too. Back now and I think I will take a nap. I am pooped from all the work, LOL!!

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ANNIVERSARY.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	160336 To Joy and DH, those old family albums always bring back the memories.

Hope M* gets this site fixed as I had to read my Junk mail with my coffee this morning.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty bad when you have to read junk mail! Maybe we could trade junk mail to make it more interesting. I just got busy with housework and laundry, and was finished about the time the website came back on.

My wishes for a Happy Anniversary to Joy and DH also. We will celebrate 64 years in about a month. Seems like yesterday.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post