• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

WIP - August 16-22, 2019

I know, I know, it's early but I'm getting up early tomorrow for a road trip with DH. We are headed to wine county, 3hrs away. There's also a LQS to get to.

This week I have sandwiched a quilt, but not finished quilting it. I also have found many fabrics in 3 quilt stores that were screaming to be saved and come home with me. Who knows what a visit to the 4th LQS will bring.

Today, I also picked up a copy of the Fall/winter 2019 issue of Better Homes & Gardens Quilt Sampler. On page 46, it features the LQS where I rent time on the LA, and where I went with my GF. More fabrics needed to be rescued. Also saw the quilt featured - it is gorgeous. Picture doesn't do it justice.

Karla - I hope that you are feeling better and have been able to slow down.

What's going on with your projects?
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.
  • DeniseSm
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: WIP - August 16-22, 2019

It has been quite a while since I did a bargello style quilt. Here is my strip set made from 14 1/4 yard cuts of Stonehenge by Northcott. I will be using my own pattern design which is a variation of Trip Around the World.

100_5165.JPG

As you can see from a previous bargello style quilt in the background, I don't usually pick such a subdued color palette. I think it is good to try new things, so lets see what happens.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• threadbndr
      Batting Beauty
      • Jan 2017

Claire, that is going to be lovely. The light colors in that subdued set will just glow. Suzanne, I am slowly getting better; applique on my "Aunt Lottie's Garden" is coming along - just three more blocks when I finish the one I'm working on now.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Karla - I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend. Slow is good.

Yesterday I quilted the top I sandwiched. I even attached the binding and finished handsewing it. Just need to get a VQC label and attach, and it's ready for donation. I also added 4 borders on a donated top to make it to required lap size. I'm on the fence whether I will quilt myself or send to a LA who does some for us. I sort of like to start-finish a quilt. Pof I send it out, I would have time to catch up on my own projects.

image.jpg image.jpg

Comment

• Claire Hallman
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

Love the one on the left, simple but beautiful. The other one is great, too.

scrappyquilt.jpg
          I got a top together but not going to do anything with it as I stopped to work on a quilt/spread for DGD new hot pink queen bed.
          IMG_1045.JPG
          It is really difficult to lay out a queen on point quilt. Getting those butterflies right has been an ongoing challenge. It might have been a poor pattern choice but I have gotten too far to change, hope it will be pretty.
          Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Claire your quilts are beautiful. When do you sleep? You are one energizer bunny!

Comment

• Claire Hallman
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

I actually quilt about 4 hours a day about 5 days a week. Not always the same days or times but I don't quilt in the evenings unless I am hand sewing a binding which is pretty rare. Being old and retired has some perks.
              Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

Claire - then you are very fast accurate cutter, piecer. I probably get 8-10hrs /wk on average. On a really good week, I get 20hrs, that maybe every 6 weeks. Like you I don't sew at night, but I will handsew the binding in the evening.

Comment

Working...
                X