• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ding
    Prairie Pointer
    • May 2013

Pineapple quilt

Hi everyone just finished putting together my pineapple quilt I'm New to free motion quilting and was wondering what pattern I should do to quilt it all over. Should i use templates or not what pattern would you go for.
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Re: Pineapple quilt

It would help to show a picture of the quilt top so we could better offer suggestions.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

I'm thinking if this is your first FMQ, keep it simple and don't overquilt it.

In the beginning, I quilted every block differently, just for practice and to try out new techniques. It's really up to you, and if you plan to keep or give. I find when I really do nice quilting, I can't give it away.
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Vonnie
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2013

Do you have a longarm or planning on quilting on a domestic machine?

Before I got my longarm, I quilted a queen size quilt on my machine that had a 7" throat space. I did a stitch in the ditch on all major blocks. Quilting from the center out. That stabilized the quilt. Took some freezer paper and cut a square that was about an inch smaller than the block. Folded it like you do in grade school and making a paper snowflake. Then cut like making a snowflake. Opened it up and placed it on the block. Took a chalk marking pen and outlined the design. Then just followed the design with freemotion. Learned this from watching Liz Porter. Turned out a lot better than I had hoped for. I washed the quilt afterwards to remove all the chalk. The recipient loved it.
        Vonnie

Comment

Working...
        X