Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thursday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Thursday!

Why is time moving so fast? I really didn't accomplish much yesterday. A load of laundry got done. I went in search of an outdoor fireplace that I thought we had bought some time ago. It is in a box. Well I have looked everywhere and can't find it. So I figured that we hadn't bought it after all. Well hubby says we did. SO WHERE IS IT? It might still be in the back shed where I did look. It might be buried under 'stuff'. I will have another look see another time. I did get some scraps cut but yesterday I had 'squirrel brain'. Today is another day right?

My head is so full of projects I want to do but I best be finishing the ones I started right? Maybe that will happen today.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Thursday!

Good morning. I have another day of running around. I hope to attempt to sandwich my quilt again. I tried to do it
    Last night in the living room. After fighting to keep the cat off it I gave up. I will have to try again today behind closed doors. I also tried to do it without using the spray 505. I will definitely use it today.

Have a good day.
    Beth

4. Thanks 201 Treadler, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone....Just checking in. I have quite a full day today again. I have to run to Houston to pick up heart meds for Dottie and allergy pills for Sugar and Maggie.

Monique, I know what you mean about squirrel brain. I think I have that myself lately. I seem to be flitting from one thing to the next without accomplishing anything. I'm still tired from my trip so I'm blaming it on that...lol

I need to get my sewing room in order. My daughter's birthday is next week but I may just send her a gift card this year. We shopped ourselves out last week and I took her to a nice french restaurant for an early birthday brunch. We are missing each other this week.

I hope everyone is doing well as we glide into late summer. I'm seeing the end-of-season yellow butterflies that announce the near end of summer. The hummingbirds are in a feeding frenzy right now. They are eating two full feeders per day.

Have a blessed day everyone....Hugs.

6. Thanks 201 Treadler, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

It's going to be another beautiful day. I love the cooler mornings, but temps will get up there. I feel like summer is running away on me. Today is perfect for a road trip with my girlfriend Heather. We are headed to Carleton Place - there's a LQS and a huge wool shop. My GF knits & quilts, but knitting is her main hobby. She will be overwhelmed. There's a wool co-op where the wool comes in from across the country, to be sorted, prepped and shipped to manufacturers around the world. Impressive place to get a tour. DH & I toured a few years ago, he was impressed as it is housed in a de-commissioned train roundhouse.

Yesterday, I finally sandwiched a Victoria quilt - it's now ready to quilt. I also folded up my fabric purchases from last week. I'm going to have to start quilting faster as I am running out of shelf space in the walk-in closet. I also cleaned up my sewing room and pulled out a quilt top given to VQC. I need to add borders to make it larger but just can't find the right mix.

I understand what you mean by squirrel days. I get like that when I'm really tired for no apparent reason. I'm learning that it's no use fighting those days.

Monique - DH often misplaces things. I hope you find the fireplace so you can use it. My mom would recommend praying to St-Anthony. He finds lost, misplaced items.

Have an enjoyable day. Stay cool. Stay dry. Be safe from Mother Nature - she's acting up again.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I made a late evening check in here at 9:30 last night; the Forum was down.

Barb ~ most of the hummingbirds around here go to the mountains in the summer. The only time I see them is in Aug. when they come down from the cooler climbs on their migration south. I don't have any red flowers this year, so I probably won't see any.

I have quilting projects going in my mind all the time, but I sure haven't made much progress on anything lately. I was having stitch issues with my Tiara, so I'm not FMQ right now. I think I just need to do some adjustment to the tension. I looked for some of the Tula Pink "Pinkerville" yardage at M* yest., hoping to take advantage of the DD free shipping, but they were out of what I wanted, so I ordered from another on line shop.

Bonnie Hunter had a wonderful saying by Mother Teresa on her blog yest. I copied it down & printed it up to give to others. It's worth reading.

Yest. I baked DH's bread; today I'll be cooking up a kettle of his Anasazi beans. I am disappointed that Walmart quit carrying them, so I'll have to find another source. One of our local groc. stores carries them, but they're at least 50 cents more a lb. than WM was. The groc. store where I usually shop also quit carrying the Sobe Yumberry/Pomegranate flavored water I always buy. I had to special order a case from Safeway. I mix the Sobe with my Guava Kombucha for an afternoon beverage with my usual snack of peanuts & sesame sticks.

There were clear skies this a.m. with a full moon. It was a comfortably cool night for sleeping. Daytime temps. hit the mid-90's every day.

Time to fix DH's breakfast & sort the beans.

10. Thanks 201 Treadler, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy - I found the quote and was able to copy image. Sort of funny that Bonnie saw this in a ladies washroom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	160295

Now, I think it's time to take Bill Murray's advice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	160296

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique, cv quilter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's a beautiful morning here. Gotten a bunch done already. I went over and took care of Bobby the cat. Then we got some outside stuff done. Hubby got everything watered. We were happy and surprised to see a rose on a rosebush that we thought was a goner.

I got a lot of sewing done yesterday without incident but my embroidery machine project came to a screeching halt after a while. I am making a personalized hooded towel for a gift my step daughter Vicky needs and the hood stitched out fine. In fact, I even made a second one to add to my inventory. But when I got to the putting the name on the body of the towel, well things went quite wrong. It stitched the foundation part of the letter just fine but when It started the satin stitch, it was totally messed up. It got all loose and the underside was all bunchy. I tried all sorts of things to remedy it but no luck. I wanted to cry. After taking a break from it for a bit, I decided to try stitching out a built in stitch that also used satin stitching. It stitched out fine but it isn't big enough. So maybe it's the font I downloaded. I have used it numerous times before though with no issues. Wish me luck finding a font that will fit the bill and then, fingers crossed, it stitches out ok. If not, then I guess it's time to take my machine in to get looked at.

Ok, Time to get moving along. Have a great day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey.....

Not a good day; since yesterday afternoon and hearing from a workers comp adjuster...I was informed my work injury comp claim is being denied! Been on the phone all morning with attorneys.....NO FUN at all.

Some days life gets sucked clean out of me!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne ~ Thanks for posting the Mother Teresa saying. By clicking on it twice, it becomes large enough to read. I thought it was well worth repeating. I think it's easy for people to feel unappreciated & discouraged, but we need to be kind, honest, giving, etc. anyway.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon All,

It's been a busy day, for someone that only had 1 thing to get done. Jim called this morning. They had someone come in to organize the boys room. So, Jim and the boys came over and stayed until time to drop them off at Nana's house. I can't imagine hiring someone to come in and organize. It won't last, they haven't participated in the process and their parents won't be consistent in making them keep it up.

Mike took me to the post office to drop off three books to send back to the library. I asked about how to get them picked up since the mail slot in the boxes is too small for the book cassette box. Her response was you can drop them off here. I just left, if I could 'drive' to the post office, I wouldn't need the audiobooks for the blind! I'll call the post master tomorrow.

Picked up the quilt for Bob and Mary, now to get it bound and ready to mail. Lol, not today! I'm pooped!

I hope everyone has had a great day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post