Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: It Wednesday!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It Wednesday!!

Good morning friends. Well all is quiet around here. Maizyn has gone back home. While I miss her, I don't miss the busyness.

After getting home, Les cut the grass and I picked up a little. Didn't do much except I did look at the fabric scraps I got the other day.

I really want to get into the sewing room today but there are so many things calling my name. We shall see what wins the day.

I gave Maizyn my tablet bag I had made so I need to make myself another one.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It Wednesday!!

Good morning. Another cloudy and humid day here. I hope we get a little rain for the lawns. I have to get moving this morn to get to an eye doctors appt. I hope to get to sandwich my baby quilt this afternoon. This is the only quilt I make where I can quilt it myself. I only sew straight lines!.
    Katrina- I had laugh when I read your plumbing story yesterday! Why don’t they just listen to us in the first place.

Have a good day.
    Beth

4. Thanks KPH, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Glad to see the Forum is up & running. I sure miss it when it's not available.

I already shared about my shopping day yest., looking for a mattress & a recliner. I was most impressed with the Verlo mattress; they are made in the factory right here in town. It's a Colo. co. I like to support local industry. The salesman was very knowledgeable & friendly. I was permitted to step back into the factory area to view work in progress.

Two sleep interruptions last night -- one was a chemical odor. I'm wondering if they might have sprayed in our area for mosquitoes. They're supposed to publish it in the paper ahead of time when spraying is planned. If it was in the paper, I missed it. An hour later, it was the skunk, so I had to close all the windows.

I plan to bake DH's spelt bread today. I'll get an early start on that while it's cool. Our daily temps. remain in the 90's.

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's morning.....
    My day got started at 30; for some reason I woke up and noticed that the lights in the living room were on. When I went to check, there was Hubby pouring contents of refrigerator down the sink. Someone left the door open overnight. Everything had to go into the trash. So the shopping to replace everything has been done, the fourth load of laundry is going (because laundry never ceases), appointments for doggie vet visits set, some molding on the bedroom door is finished. I still need to paint the window frames in Hubby's room, measure for shelves and then cut the wood for the closet shelves, and do some general cleaning. I also need to measure, cut and sew the curtains for the bedroom. It may be necessary to have more coffee.
    We heard from the vet yesterday; the fox that attacked my daughter and her dogs last week did indeed have rabies. It's mate or sibling is still hanging around a little too close to the house. All the neighbors have been warned. It is unfortunate, but all neighbors agree that the best thing is to shoot the other fox. Nobody wants to take a chance with children, pets, chickens, etc. The conservation officer has agreed. It's such a shame and makes me very sad. The dog that was exposed and bitten needs to have a series of rabies shots, despite his rabies vaccine being up to date. It is expensive and will be painful for him.
    But, I'm thankful that the sun is shining, we are all healthy, and despite all the little setbacks, things are moving forward.
    May you all have a wonderful day!

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Barbara— sorry to hear about your DD fox attack. I had no idea that even w/ an up to date rabies vaccine the dog still needs the shots.
    The best thing about our fridge is that it beeps when left open. With 2 kids w/ ADD it was a god send.

Beth

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

The sun is shining, DH left an hour ago to volunteer at the gliding club. There is a group of handicapped adults who will get rides today. They have various groups every 2 weeks getting rides. 14 years ago I met my husband, and 6 years ago on this day, we got married. We celebrate on the 14th every month. We will have a nice dinner tonight.

Yesterday I went to the jeweler to bring a chain, ring for repair and another ring to be made larger. I did some banking and pickled jars of cauliflower and heirloom carrots. This is a test recipe. I also made a litre jar of tomatoes, but realized I will have to use soon as I forgot to put in lemon/citric acid. I did do a steam bath for 20 mins. Do you think it's safe to eat in day or so?

Today I plan to sew and maybe sit outside and enjoy the cooler weather. I need to accomplish some quilting, or I feel I have wasted my day.
    I will call my GF to see if she's up for a roadtrip tomorrow.

Monique - what great memories for Maizin. Joy - I'm not certain I could sleep with open windows given your nocturnal visitors. BarbaraB - what a tragedy for the fox, but even more for your DD and her dog. I guess this happens.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Well, it's good to have a working toilet finally. My grandson just called and asked about it. lol!

I'll have to remember to tell them about yesterday afternoon, when I was sitting watching a tutorial and I heard a drip, drip, drip. First place I went was the bathroom. Felt all of the spigots, nothing wet there. Came out to the kitchen, checked the spigot there, it was dry, but Mike had dumped his ice in the sink. So the drip, drip, drip was the melting ice! Whew!

I ordered some of the blender fabric for the baby quilt. It's cream and green. Between that, the fat quarters, and the panel, there is surely enough to make a baby quilt! I'll start playing around with my graph paper and the Tula Pink book for ideas for blocks to go around the panel. I'm seriously thinking about putting the panel in the upper left corner and building out on the bottom and right sides. It might not be wide enough. We'll see what happens.

With all of the plumbing drama/ comedy going on around here, I didn't get Bob and Mary's quilt picked up. Mike's off tomorrow, so it's on the agenda, along with getting several bags of river rocks to put at the corner of the house. The gutter drains and washes the sand.. go figure. I want to have that side of the lawn filled with paver blocks anyway. Three more outside jobs- irrigation up date, maybe a well for watering, the right side of the sidewalk closest to the garage filled in with pavers, and resodding the front yard. (I'd just as soon have astro turf to be honest, but not on my budget!) Right now, all of that is on hold until it starts to cool off!

Suzanne, I have no idea when I'll get done with the house. I'm just doing little projects along the way as I can afford to have them done without having to dip into investment savings. The big project is going to be the kitchen, as it's an open floor plan, I don't know that I'll be able to stay in the house when it's being done. At that point, the living/ dining/ kitchen will all have to be repainted, too. That's a scary thought!

Time to get started. Tonight is the last Summer Session at church. Jim's teaching and there will be a BBQ dinner before hand. I need to figure out a side dish to take!

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, everyone is so busy today. Barbara, that is too bad. Better to be safe than sorry though. And it surely has rabies if the littermate did.

In a few minutes I am going to my MIL's to make a quilt sandwich of my hexagon quilt. Then I have to quilt it of course, but then it will be done. I am so relieved. Then I have to figure out what to do with it. Oh I forgot the binding. I am going to try to bind it myself. I have yet to be successful when it comes to binding but maybe this time will be different. I will watch Jenny's tutorial again before I start.

Jeannette

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post