Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Morning Tuesday

Good Morning =) I saw the forums were down so went to chat on MSQC website to let them know. They are fast working. Glad it is back up. I missed my forum fix with my morning tea, so time to have a second cup, lol. We are having a real nice summer day. My sunflowers are looking gorgeous. Hope every one is having a great day.

2. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Morning Tuesday

Good morning — minipinlady. We have clouds and storms today. I have been busy this morning with doing laundry and going to the store. I hope to get to the sewing room this afternoon.

Minipinlady — I am going to send you a pm about mini pinchers( I am assuming that you have or had that breed).
    Beth

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning..... or almost afternoon. It has been a busy one here. I got a big pot of chicken soup started early this morning. A friend of mine has been sick for weeks. She has been to the doctor, the walk-in, the ER. Nobody has actually given her a diagnosis but we know it started after someone used some cleaning wipes at work that she has had a reaction too in the past. But this time it has just lasted so very long. She has had ex-rays -- some saw fluid in her lung, others did not. She just keeps coughing and her oxygen level was low. She went back to her regular dr.yesterday. He said that he wanted her to go back to the "1940's" and try an old-fashioned treatment. He told her first of all, not to use benedryl to dry things up but to get an expectorant to loosen things. He also said she should eat a lot of chicken soup and also to put her head over a pot of steaming water a few times a day. So, I made a big pot of soup and will be delivering it to her tomorrow. She said that she actually felt a bit better this morning when she woke up. First time she has said that in weeks. I don't know whether this reaction has run it's course and it is just a coincidence that it has started to improve after she had a day of chicken soup, steam treatments and an expectorant or the old-fashioned way really helped. I am just happy she is starting to feel an improvement. She will be having a lot of chicken soup the next few days.

So the kitchen is all cleaned up from all the chopping, etc. and the soup is now simmering. Since it is a bit on the cooler side and cloudy, the smell of the soup cooking is giving me a feeling of fall. I am not quite ready to be done with summer yet though.

We are supposed to have a storm or two later on this afternoon so no yardwork will be done. I am heading up to my sewing room for a bit now. Have a good day everyone. I am glad M* is back up
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

6. Thanks Claire Hallman, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baslp View Post
    Good morning — minipinlady. We have clouds and storms today. I have been busy this morning with doing laundry and going to the store. I hope to get to the sewing room this afternoon.

Minipinlady — I am going to send you a pm about mini pinchers( I am assuming that you have or had that breed).
    Beth
    Yes I have 3 min pins, just love them. The min pin rescue in Ottawa is the wonderful group I adopted my dogs from.

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ginny B View Post
    Good morning..... or almost afternoon. It has been a busy one here. I got a big pot of chicken soup started early this morning. A friend of mine has been sick for weeks. She has been to the doctor, the walk-in, the ER. Nobody has actually given her a diagnosis but we know it started after someone used some cleaning wipes at work that she has had a reaction too in the past. But this time it has just lasted so very long. She has had ex-rays -- some saw fluid in her lung, others did not. She just keeps coughing and her oxygen level was low. She went back to her regular dr.yesterday. He said that he wanted her to go back to the "1940's" and try an old-fashioned treatment. He told her first of all, not to use benedryl to dry things up but to get an expectorant to loosen things. He also said she should eat a lot of chicken soup and also to put her head over a pot of steaming water a few times a day. So, I made a big pot of soup and will be delivering it to her tomorrow. She said that she actually felt a bit better this morning when she woke up. First time she has said that in weeks. I don't know whether this reaction has run it's course and it is just a coincidence that it has started to improve after she had a day of chicken soup, steam treatments and an expectorant or the old-fashioned way really helped. I am just happy she is starting to feel an improvement. She will be having a lot of chicken soup the next few days.

So the kitchen is all cleaned up from all the chopping, etc. and the soup is now simmering. Since it is a bit on the cooler side and cloudy, the smell of the soup cooking is giving me a feeling of fall. I am not quite ready to be done with summer yet though.

We are supposed to have a storm or two later on this afternoon so no yardwork will be done. I am heading up to my sewing room for a bit now. Have a good day everyone. I am glad M* is back up
    Ginny, I see you've been in your sewing room getting ready for some craft fairs. Same here, hope you can make ours again it would be good to see you again!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon all,

I guess I missed all the 'action' this morning. Yesterday evening, after Mike went to work, I went back to the bathroom to find the toilet running. I called Jim. He packed up the kids and brought them over. I'd checked the back of the tank, low and behold, the tube that puts the water into the tank is held down with a BINDER CLIP! It was a rusted up mess. I know Howard must have never looked back there, because he would have had the 'innards' replaced in a heart beat.

After Jim looked at it and shook his head. We loaded up the kids again and went to Lowe's. He chose a fancy dancy pack, where you push the handle up for 1/2 flush, and down for a whole flush. I was like alright, changing diapers and entertaining kiddos while he worked. All well and good, right? Nope, Mike got home and I was showing him what Jim did, and all the sudden the toilet started running for a couple of seconds. It did that all night long, every 25 minutes or so.

This morning, I called Jim before 8. He knew before I said anything, in fact, he didn't even say hello. "It's running, isn't it." So, a second trip to Lowe's. He tried silicone around the seal. In the back of my mind is, let's just buy the old fashioned kind with the flapper and a chain, but he was determined to have the fancy one in my bathroom.

Needless to say, I have the old fashioned flapper and chain set up in my toilet now. We have kept Howard's record of anything that needs fixing in this house takes 3 trips to Lowe's to get it taken care of!

I took both of my boys to lunch to celebrate Mike's 30th birthday today. Now, hopefully, I won't have to call anyone to get something fixed for a long while! I know one things for sure, I need a nap!

Bob and Mary's quilt is ready to pick up from the long armers, unfortunately, the throne was higher on the list of things to get taken care of today. Mike has Thursday off, so we'll go get it then.

Steve, has had several chemo treatments. He seems to be doing better with those than the dialysis. He's still in ICU but getting pretty sick and tired of hospital scenery and their green beans. I know there is no way the hospital can fix green beans as well as his mom could!

Take care and have a great rest of the day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am really late but I couldn't get on this morning. My wee muchkin is back home. We have had a wonderful week full of wonderful memories. It is so quiet in the house right now.

Catch you all tomorrow.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon,

I couldn't get on this morning either , so I got the day started. I went to the Jeweler to get a new battery for mom's watch, brought in a chain and a ring that prongs need fixing, and get another ring resized. Somehow my fingers have gotten fatter over the years. I can't understand, the earrings I had as a teenager still fit. Haha.

I brought a garden fresh tomato to mom at lunchtime, along with her watch. Then I decided to I lke some heirloom carrots and cauliflower. I also canned tomatoes. I'm tired. My back is feeling better, but I'm being careful. If I get a second wind, I will go to my sewing room.

Katrina - I hope your renovations and fix-ups are all done for awhile. It does seem that it's been a long road to get your home just like you want it.
    Ginny - you are a good friend and I hope your friend gets better. Environmental allergens can be serious for many people.

Have a good end of day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina - I hope your renovations and fix-ups are all done for awhile. It does seem that it's been a long road to get your home just like you want it.

LOL< I'm just thankful to have a 'throne' that works! I told both boys, from now on, when something goes wrong we'll go ahead and buy 1 of everything that is on the shelves to fix it. Maybe then we'll get what we need, and I'll return the rest. This three trip thing is for the birds when you can't drive!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy F View Post
    Ginny, I see you've been in your sewing room getting ready for some craft fairs. Same here, hope you can make ours again it would be good to see you again!
    Yes, Cathy, I will be there. Sent the paperwork in last week. Looking forward to seeing you again too.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post