Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Morning Tuesday

I thought that the list of posts was awfully short! I never actually saw the M* site down, fortunately.

I wrote a letter to our pastor today to let him know we're moving and that I have to resign from helping with the parish website. Sigh, we're leaving a lot of good friends and fun times.

I 'm going to try to get to IKEA this afternoon to buy things to stage our house. No sewing in sight just now. But I'll need to hem curtains tomorrow if I get to IKEA today!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon, Everyone ~ I was here at 6 a.m., but the Forum was down. Just now getting here. I've been out shopping for a new mattress & a recliner. I made stops at a furniture store, Denver Mattress, Mattress Firm, Verlo Mattress, & 2 thrift stores, one of which is the Habitat for Humanity ReStore place. I was looking for possibilities for DS#2's apt. I was most impressed with the Verlo place; they make the mattresses right there on site. The salesman took me back behind the show room to let me look around & introduced me to two of the guys. For what I want in a queen size, it looks like I'll have to pay $600.-900. + the cost of a "platform" -- no box springs these days. I'm going to do further on line research before making a purchase.

I ate lunch at Panera Bread; I had a book along to read while I ate.

It's another hot day. Yest. was 98; today the high was 94. Nights are cooling off more; it was 60 this a.m. & clear. The lawn service was just here & mowed the lawn.

Well, it's time for the news, so I'll stop with this.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening all,

I was here early this morning, but the site was down. What to do while drinking my coffee??? I was up early to get ready to go to the chiropractor for "crunching". So far it's helping my back. I'm also having trouble with my left foot. She scanned my feet, and wow! my arches don't look very good. She's ordering me some orthotics, and we'll see if they help. When I got home, I had to get some paperwork organized to email to our banker. We're refinancing the cabin to a lower rate and less years on the mortgage. But finding all the paperwork can be a pain. I think everything is done now. After that, I picked green beans and just got done canning 3 pints. Hubby wanted a casserole for supper, so that went in the oven before I fired up the canner. No time spent in the sewing room, but maybe I can get a little done before bed. Wed. and Thurs. I'm scheduled for work. I hope to get to the cabin this weekend....I need the peace of the lake.

Have a good evening everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ginny B View Post
    Yes, Cathy, I will be there. Sent the paperwork in last week. Looking forward to seeing you again too.
    Looking forward to visiting with you!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards