Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Monday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Monday!

Good morning friends. Our week long memory making holiday is just about over. Friday was a quiet day. On Saturday we took Maizyn to a tiny wee country fair. She had a blast. Yesterday we drove to watch neighbour play ball but we didn't stay long, it was hot and we were hungry. Maizyn has hollow legs, LOL!! Today for our last day together, we will drive Papa to work, I am hoping to take her for a hair trim (her hair is very uneven) and then this afternoon it is MOVIE day. A new Dora movie is playing that she would like to see. My brother lives nearby and a quilt store too. We will see about the quilt store, LOL!! If I don't see it I won't want it right?

We have had an awesome week. Many memories again were made. It is no wonder she enjoys coming here to stay with us. And yes we spoil her, she is the only one we have.

So have a great day everyone. I have a busy one today.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Monday!

Morning all,
    Monique, glad you are having such a good time with Maizyn. Grandkids are the best!

The weather here has been more pleasant now that the temps have dropped a bit from the very hot weather of a few werks ago. I have been back in my sewing room making wreaths and more wreaths! Trying to get as many done for the craft fair as I can, so far I have a dozen made.

Just got a wall hanging back from a new longarmer about a week ago, and I am in love with her work! It is exactly what I envisioned it should look like. Now to get the hanging sleeve and binding on so it can hang on the staircase for the holidays.

Summer is flying by, can't believe it will soon be over. Seems each year goes by faster.

Well, I 'm off to breakfast with friends this morning so I better get a move on. Wishing everyone a good day!
    Last edited by Cathy F; August 12th, 2019 at 08:33 AM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

3. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone....I'm back from my grandson's wedding in California. It was a whirlwind week of wedding prep, shopping, nails, etc. It's good to be back home...I could NEVER live in California. I was without internet all week and couldn't check in here.
    Dottie sat in front of a living room window all week watching for me. When I got home she was almost overwhelmed. She practically slept on top of me last night so I couldn't get away!

I will check in later. I'm heading back to bed for an hour or so before the Girls get up for the second time. Hugs....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Up early today, back to our routine after a cruise to Alaska and then a bit of recovery, unpacking, wash, etc. I think I will head back to the gym and zumba to see if some of this cruise fat will shake off.
    We went to help my DIL move some furniture on Saturday to get ready for new mattress for them and DGD, our son was teaching a class so he showed up later.
    With a new big bed comes new quilts for them all. I found a cute plaid comforter for DGS so one is done.
    I spent some time rubbing DGD age 6 feet, it was so relaxing for us both, I recommend it.
    This weekend I go to a retreat and am spending my days getting everything prepped so I can sew up a storm.
    Have a lovely week, everyone.

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Much cooler this a.m. It's 62 deg.; the skies cleared so it feels cooler than it has the past few days. It's still supposed to be in the 90's all week. Yest. was a pleasant 87 deg.

I stopped by DS#2's bsmt. apt. yest. after church. Things are very cluttered now as he tries to find places for things. He's lacking kitchen cupboard & storage space. But over all the whole area is more spacious than I envisioned; it will be nice once he gets settled in. Sat. he made the rounds of the thrift stores & picked up several items at reasonable prices. He found a nice dresser (tall, narrow) for only $12. He spruced it up with Old English & it looks great.

This a.m. I'll be in the kitchen. Chicken soup day. I did the veg. prep. last eve. which took 90 min. (5 lb. of carrots & 1/2 bunch of celery) Of course, there is the usual Mon. laundry, too.

I put in a short session of FMQ yest. afternoon. Time to get on with my day.

8. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's pouring here as it has been for hours! So dark out, it doesn't even look like morning. Direct TV out with heavy cloud cover, and the sump pump is working overtime! Thank heaven it is working! The storm woke me about 2 am, I couldn't sleep so I worked a bit on a cute little wall hanging I was building.

My 2 grandkids and daughter from upper NY are coming tomorrow for a week long visit. We are going to Iowa to visit the other grandkids and go to the Iowa State Fair for a few days. Must eat something fried on a stick! Wonder what the choice delicacy of the year will be this time? I'm not a fan of corn dogs, but maybe a fried Twinkie might be my choice!

Gotta go to build an ark, we might need one if this rain continues. Just when we were about dry from the spring rains, we get more heavy rains. Boo, Mother Nature!

10. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All!

Yesterday was peaceful after the morning rush of church. Mike came home from work, cooled off and we went out for Chinese. Today, he goes in after lunch. So, we'll have left over Chinese for lunch tonight. He'll have a dinner break, I guess I'll have a sandwich for dinner tonight.

Esther starts school today. The kids are sending her to a Montessori pre-k. She turns 5 soon, but on the other side of the birthday cut off. Jonathan won't start back until his dad starts work. That will be in 2 weeks. We'll see how that goes over with the little girl! Zeke is still wearing his boot. Last year, they lost his unused shoe. I won't be surprised if they have the same problem this time. New school year will mean new shoes for all three. Esther had trouble getting her shoes on the last time they were here. All the slippers probably need to be replaced, too!

I have laundry to hang up and fold so it's time to get busy! Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday, sisters called around 9am to say they were coming over from Brooklyn with bagels so put on the coffee. I had been kind of in a funk all week so they were the best pick up for me. Sister Carol showed me the beautiful quilt she made from her son's FIL's ties, the quilt will e a wonderful memory for her DIL.

Now back to our regular routine with plenty of laundry, etc. Have a good day everyone.

14. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

Sunny and warm here, but I think we are getting sprinkles this aft. I had a day to myself yesterday and had grand plans. Well, that was a bust. I did about an hour of deadheading flowers and brought mom to the restaurant in her building. They have a Sunday brunch and today besides all the regular foods, it was roast beef. Mom and I enjoyed it. My back has been sore for a few weeks now, but by the time I got home, it was worst. I had planned to FMQ, but I put ice and heat but then layed down. DH came home and was surprised to see me. We went out for a simple dinner, and back home. I took a muscle relaxant and was out quickly.

Today I have a massage and nails appointment but will have to be careful not to overdo it. Ice and heat. The rest of the week is clear for me, but I'm not certain I will be up for road trips we had planned dependending on the weather.

It's nice to sit here and catch up with everyone.
    Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

16. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Monday wishes
    love reading about what your all up to.
    listened to a book (via accessibility setting) by Laura Kemp there was twists and turns, grief, new beginning, friendships, history, wont spoil it but there is no sewing or quilts in it.
    when himself gets a back ache he lies on a vibration plate, brings blood into area, and can move again, most back pains are of many causes, fingers crossed your pain discomfort eases soon.
    ( was going to put lays on a vibrator but thought that would paint a totally different picture in your mind hence a re phrase)
    have a great day
    T
    Last edited by 201 Treadler; August 12th, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

18. Thanks MSN, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post