Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Default Janome 6600 Scant 1/4”

Hi Everyone-
    Im having some difficulty trying to find the scant 1/4” needle position on my Janome 6600 machine. I started a new project today and decided I better check to make sure my seam allowance was accurate. The needle position I used on my last project seems to be different than what I’m using on this project even though I’m using the same thread and fabric. Anyone else have a Janome 6600 and if so what number are you setting your needle position at? I have been using the 1/4” guide foot.
    Last edited by cbrokofsky; August 11th, 2019 at 01:04 AM.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome 6600 Scant 1/4”

I don't have the 6600, but I have the 6300 which is very similar. I found that moving the needle width to 3.9 will produce a scant 1/4" for me. Try it at 3.8 then 3.9 and see how it works for you.

Best,
    Anne

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome 6600 Scant 1/4”

I have the 6600 but I don't use the 1/4" foot as I find it doesn't give me a good view of whats happening under the needle, instead I like to use the clear applique foot F and set my stitch width to 5.6 for regular quilting cotton.
    I line up the edge of my fabric with the edge of the foot, this gives me a scant 1/4" seam.
    My seam widths have been a lot more consistent since I switched feet.
    Hope this helps you
    Judy

4. Thanks quiltingaway, Claire Hallman thanked for this post