• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KarenC
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2015

Gammill Quilting With Confidence Tour

I just attended this 2 day workshop n Baton Rouge . Karen and Sharon were excellent instructors. My head was overflowing with information at the end of each day. If you have a longarm or youothinking about getting one, I highly recommend it. They are touring the country in many different cities.
    Karen
    Spring, TX
  • Jean Sewing Machine
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Gammill Quilting With Confidence Tour

Just checked the schedule, the closest is Des Moines on Aug. 19-20. I will be in Des Moines til the 18 with my grandkids from NY! They don't leave me til Aug. 21! So this date doesn't work for me this year! It sounds like a good workshop. Is there a good balance of hand guided lessons and computer work? I don't have a computer so that part would be of limited use for me. Might catch it another tine.

Comment

• KarenC
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
      Just checked the schedule, the closest is Des Moines on Aug. 19-20. I will be in Des Moines til the 18 with my grandkids from NY! They don't leave me til Aug. 21! So this date doesn't work for me this year! It sounds like a good workshop. Is there a good balance of hand guided lessons and computer work? I don't have a computer so that part would be of limited use for me. Might catch it another tine.
      Jean - They had two separate tracks for hand guided and computerized. The only sections where we were all together was the machine maintenance (90 minutes) which was all geared to the Gammill machines and the Q&A on the first day.
      Karen
      Spring, TX

Comment

• GuitarGramma
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2012

Sounds like a great class! Do you own a longarm, Karen?
        Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• KarenC
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
          Sounds like a great class! Do you own a longarm, Karen?
          Yes Toni, I have a Tin Lizzie. Would love to have a Gammill, but what I have will do for a while. I just need more time to be able to use it! maybe the next time I decide to retire.
          Karen
          Spring, TX

Comment

• GuitarGramma
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2012

Oh Karen, I am living the "But I thought I'd retired!" life. I'm so close to being really, truly retired. Are you enjoying being back at work?

Tell me about the difference between the Tin Lizzie and the Gammill. I loved Tin Lizzie's ads a few years back, but I don't really know anything about them.
            Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
            X