Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Sunday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Sunday hellos

Good morning everyone,

It's an early, cool but sunny start of the day. DH is going gliding which means I have a carefree day to do as I please again, not that I need him to be away to play with my fabrics.

I picked a few cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden. The beans have not been doing so well this year, but I do get just enough for a meal every few days. I did finish a top Friday which I will probably sandwich today. I may check out things to see & do when we head to the east coast next month. Also planning a day trip to the wine county next week.

What's going on in your neck of the woods? Do you slow down sewing in the summer?

Have a great day!

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday hellos

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A better night of sleep for me last night; it was cooler, not so humid, & no skunk odor.

I had a productive morning yest. I took advantage of the cloud cover & cooler temps. to get that weeding done in the flower beds. The baby rabbit sat in the grass just a few feet away as I worked. I chased a rabbit out of the flower bed earlier in the morning. It wasn't nibbling on anything, just sitting under one of the perennials. They like to sort of scoop out some of the dirt so they sit in a depression in the ground.

In the afternoon, I finished the border on the Tula Pink quilt top. I used some of the JR strips for the border so all 4 borders strips are not the same. That top will be set aside to be quilted at a later time.

This a.m. is church. It's my Sun. to play the organ. Afterwards, I plan to stop by & see my son at his apt. Then I need to stop at the groc. store for chicken & a few items. Tomorrow I'll be making soup again. So this eve. will be the veg. prep., which takes ~90 min.
    If there's time to sew this afternoon, I plan to do that.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Suzanne and all,

It's a cool and cloudy start to the day here as well. We had some needed rain last night, but it's supposed to be dry today.

My part time job at JoAnn's is starting to look like full time lately. I'll be putting in 32 hours this week...twice as much as usual. There are soooo many projects to get done at the store, though, and most of us are working more this week. It certainly cuts into the sewing time!!

As to your question, I suppose I do sew less in the summer, mostly because of spending as much time as possible at the lake cabin. I have a machine there along with all the accessories I need, but only use them if I'm alone for a few days. The cabin is small, and when we're all there, I don't want to take up the table with a project. But when it's just me, I sit at the table sewing, look out at the lake and am in heaven!!

Have a great day everyone. Wishing you Sunday blessings.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning! Chilly morning in Vermont....it's sad to think summer is so short lived in this section on the country.

Yes, unfortunately, my sewing time gets slowed down in the summer time, due to the fact, that summer season is short here and you want to enjoy the time outside while it's nice. So many people claim it's hot here in Vermont during the summer season? No, not to me....most Vermont citizens can't imagine what HOT is when it comes to summer weather.

And the small quilt guild I belong to takes the summer off; technically, we have meetings 7 out of the 12 months annually. It's kind of sad, but, I guess it works for them.

Currently, I have been doing the Moda Bakeshop Quilt Along - At the Seashore. I have been somewhat disappointed with the blocks this quilt along. 2018's quilt along was way more fun.....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

HOT--that's what it was last night! When I went to bed at one it was 80 outside with 90 percent humidity. Then at six it sounded like the fire department was outside with their hoses trained on my windows. Luckily the rain only lasted about fifteen minutes. Now, at 8:40 it is 74 with 88 humidity. Thank you whoever invented air conditioners.
    It's breakfast with my sil this morning then back home to sew I hope. DH is making noises like he wants to take a drive but I'm going to try to stall him until tomorrow when the stores are open. Need to find a farmers market.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful morning here. Hubby has plans to do some mowing and trimming I think. He also said that he might want to cook dinner. We will see which way things go. There are quite a few things on the to do list for today since yesterday was mostly spent with family at dh's cousin's wake. We have green beans to prep for freezing as well as some broccoli. I have a set of placemats ready to be quilted and finished off for an order I received plus I need to pull out my bin with my Christmas and fall fabric. But before any of that gets done, I need to head over to Kathryn and Joe's place. They and the kids are on vacation this week so we need to get their cat, Bobby. He cannot eat dry food so that means 2 trips over each day . I would just bring him here but he and our cat Myrtle would not get along.I

Sherri, hubby and I are planning a trip to Vermont in a couple weeks. How chilly will it be? Suzanne, yes I do think I sew less in the summer. I suppose it is because besides the fact that we just spend more time outside, when it gets real hot, it is just too uncomfortable to be in the sewing room. I think I need to investigate a better way to cook it. An air conditioner is not an option for that room.

So let the day begin! Have a wonderful day all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ginny B View Post
    Sherri, hubby and I are planning a trip to Vermont in a couple weeks. How chilly will it be?
    This is according to Accuweather in Burlington.....https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/bu...016&view=table

All I know is....cooler weather is coming than I want it to.....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon All.

Jim picked me up at 7:15 this morning. The band had rehearsal, Equiping Hour, then Church. After getting up at 4 something, I had a hard time staying awake during the Sunday school portion.

Jim brought me home. Nana and Nandy took the kids. Morgan must have been sleeping well, because she didn't get there at all. I don't know how nurses do 12 hour shifts! I see burn out on the horizon with her propensity to having migraines.

I'm not planning on working on anything today, other than a nap. I've been enjoying the Tula Pink book and I'm starting to feel the itch to cut and sew.

No news about Steve or Mike Muse, so I'll keep them close in prayer. I'm hoping no news is good news!

Have a great afternoon!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post