Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Such a decision

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Such a decision

I need a backing for a Kaffe quilt. I am going to see Jenny next week but doubt she had yardage to sell
    BUT the following week I am going to the Grand Rapids quilt show. I am afraid to take it with me for fear there will be to many choices and I will get confused but then again I think that will be where I have my best choices. Yikes what a decision.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Such a decision

Take a picture with you on your phone. If you have any scraps left over take a few scraps with you instead of the whole quilt top.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, PrettyCurious thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I feel ya! I'm working on a quilt using a Kaffe jelly roll and there are so many options and arrrrrrrrrghhh! LOL

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a happy dilemma! I agree with DeniseSM. Don't bring your quilt, just picture and fabric scraps.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to take those scraps with you and in a plastic baggie or container of some kind. I wish I had done that when I went to Paducah, I lost the one fabric piece that I really wanted to match with because I just put the pieces in my purse. You know you take stuff out of it add stuff to it and whoosh it is gone. Have fun at the show.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea. Thank you. I have some scraps left so thought I would sew them together and take the small sample with me.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patty J View Post
    Be sure to take those scraps with you and in a plastic baggie or container of some kind. I wish I had done that when I went to Paducah, I lost the one fabric piece that I really wanted to match with because I just put the pieces in my purse. You know you take stuff out of it add stuff to it and whoosh it is gone. Have fun at the show.
    I recently went on a trip and went to several quilt shops. I put the names and addresses on an index card and stapled my scrap to the card then put the whole thing in a baggie, worked out well.