Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Well, I had a restless night -- up 4 times -- once to close the windows (skunk again!), another time to open up the windows again, etc. We had some rain last evening, so this a.m. it's muggy. I hope the ground won't be too wet; I want to do that weeding this a.m. while it's cool.

After my dental appt. yest., I stopped by the co. fair to view the quilts. So many beautiful quilts. I recognized some of the names of people from my guild. I always enjoy viewing the photography section, too. I don't go see the animals any more. They had a new exhibit this year called Bug Ology -- all about insects -- crickets, tarantulas, etc. On the way home, I stopped by Wendy's for my inexpensive lunch.

DS#1 called while on his commute home yest. p.m. We chatted for an hour. It's always good to visit with him. He's hoping to combine one of his business trips with a long week end to come visit us in Sept. or Oct. I usually get to see him only once year.

No more time now.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Good morning Joy and others who follow,

Oh Jiy, I hate nights like that. I had a few this week, no reason. It's a cloudy morning, same as most days this week, with sprinkles, rain and t-storms possible. It's a bit cooler and I don't mind this at all.

Yesterday I had coffee with my GF, caught up on her recent trip to Holland for a family reunion. I gave her a finished quilt and she brought batting and backings for Victoria quilts. I also brought my DD to Costco for weekend provisions at cottage. She starts 2 weeks vacation. They will go back and forth, as the kids have appointments in town. When I came home, I decided to sew. I finished piecing the 9patch border quilt. I really like the colours and the pattern. It's ready to sandwich and quilt. I just have to figure a design.

Today is laundry, errands, checking the garden and flower beds. No definite plans but I know I will be busy.

Have an enjoyable day. Stay dry. Stay cool. Be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Joy, I envy you getting out, especially to see pretty quilts! It always inspires me to keep working.

Suzanne, we had a lot of thunder, but no rain out of it. It was noisy enough that I didn't take a soaking bath last night. It's already in the 80s this morning. We'll probably have a repeat performance tonight.

Plans are flexible today. I'm hoping the long armer will call with the quilt for Bob and Mary being done. Mike is off today. That would make it convenient. I've started another audible book. It's part of a series, thankfully you don't have to read these in order. The library sends books as they come in. I have a stack of 5 books. I need to call them and tell them not to send so many! I can't keep up!

Melinda sent Tula Pink's City Sampler book that belonged to our friend Sherry. I've been looking through the patterns. Each block is 6" finished. I think I should look through all of my Christmas fabrics and see what happens!

Time to get busy. Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's Saturday but I woke up thinking it was Sunday for some reason. Maybe it's because I know today won't be such a good day. Sadly we have a wake to go to. My husband's cousin, Lucille, passed away a couple days ago. We had heard that she was in hospice 2 weeks ago (when we got the phone call that another cousin, actually my fil's first cousin, had passed away. We were shocked to hear she was in hospice since we had seen her in June when Aunt Terry died and she seemed fine and didn't say a word about not feeling well. Even her dad, Uncle Paulie, seemed surprised at the news. So that makes 3 losses in the family since June.

Hubby and I did have a good day yesterday. We went to the beach for the first time in a couple weeks. It was very relaxing. I also sent off a couple applications to craft fairs and received one in the mail from someone who had seen my work and is organizing a craft fair for her organization. I need to get that one sent back in. So the sewing room will be a busy place starting next week.

Well, I suppose I should get moving along here if I want to get anything done before heading out east to the funeral home. Have a good day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon, Everyone! I posted a while back that I saw a mouse in the basement. I never did catch it, and as I hadn't seen any signs of it, I put it out of my mind. I kept the traps and bait out, though, just in case. This morning, I went downstairs to do laundry, and discovered that clever little rodent had licked the peanut butter off of every single trap -- without tripping them! The only positive note is that it also ate almost a whole container of poison. I'm hoping it will do its job. It had been sitting in the garage, unopened, for at least three years if not four. I'm planning on going to Home Depot tomorrow to pick up some more bait and a different brand of mousetrap. I also need to call an exterminator to see if he can figure out how it is getting in.

Time for lunch. I had a bit of a migraine this morning. I'm always exhausted when they are over. I hope I can shake it off and get something accomplished this afternoon.

Have a great weekend!

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post