Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BUBBA

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default BUBBA

Bubba may I ask how you like the machine over all? How dose it do over thick seams? how is the tension do you have to adjust it often? is it picking about the threads you use? would you change to some else if you could? do you still love it? is there anything you would change?

thank you aj

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: BUBBA

Quote Originally Posted by aj2 View Post
    Bubba may I ask how you like the machine over all? How dose it do over thick seams? how is the tension do you have to adjust it often? is it picking about the threads you use? would you change to some else if you could? do you still love it? is there anything you would change?

thank you aj
    I love this machine!!! I have several, and this is one I probably use the most. I have the Juki TL2010 sitting nearby and probably use it just as much when making a bag, mostly on the lining.

Once I got it just right, I have rarely had to adjust anything. It has a large oil pan underneath, so the only thing I've ever had to oil is the bobbin winder.

I use a heavier thread when I sew on it, but I can't remember the weight.

I have had it for about five years I think and would buy it again today if I had to.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Oh thank you so much for answering so fast. I'm really like the space in the throat. Right now I have a Babylock Sofia2 it's very small to fit a quilt in. I also like that it has it's own table.
    I didn't know about oil the bobbin winder thank you for this info. Like all of us we are on a small budget and this machine is still
    about 800 thank you for your time and help.
    this place is the best thank you aj

4. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, if you get one, don't hurt yourself lifting it to change the bobbin! You can do it by reaching underneath just fine.

Also, that a piece of pool noodle and put it over the knee lift. It will save you pain and bruises!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I have been watching youtube on this machine how to put it together, but the pool noodle over the knee lift is genius never would
    have thought of that. My biggest fear is tension never had a machine I had to adjust, the sofia2 is self adjusting but I will learn I have a friend who said she would help with that part. Thanks aj

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aj2 View Post
    I have been watching youtube on this machine how to put it together, but the pool noodle over the knee lift is genius never would
    have thought of that. My biggest fear is tension never had a machine I had to adjust, the sofia2 is self adjusting but I will learn I have a friend who said she would help with that part. Thanks aj
    You would have thought about it after getting a knot and bruise like I had!!! My husband put mine together....took him about three hours. I did the thread stand
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

my husband is looking at amazon now and cheeking at out. three hours to put together is alot better then I though it would be although he said lets figure 8 hours. we'll see what happens. Iam nervous and excited all at once. I'll do the thread stand.

aj

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of dealers on Ebay that sell it for new, with free shipping. You can even get one that is assembled, but it might be hard to get it where you want it to be in your house as it is quite heavy!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

we are nervous with Ebay. Do you know a reputable dealer that sells new?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to ebay and type in the machine, several come up. Here is one example … https://www.ebay.com/itm/JUKI-DDL-87...wAAOSwmNxajJCJ

You want one with a servo motor, like this one has. This is a dealer who sells brand new machines on ebay. As you can see, they also offer free shipping. This is an excellent price. There is nothing wrong with buying from a dealer on ebay….they are brand new machines, unless otherwise described as being used.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!