• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

WIP - August 9-15, 2019

Happy sewing/quilting everyone,
    Yeah - another week, and it's been a good one for sewing. The mornings have been sunny or cloudy, but there has been some rain every afternoon. So I run errands in the morning, and sew in the afternoon. I'm making progress on some of the VQC quilts. I want to get these done sooner than later.

I may have posted the latest quilt on the wall. image.jpg

I've purchased more fabrics on a road trip, which means I have to sew even faster. The garden is producing tomatoes, cucumbers and lots of purple beans. I may have to can some. I can do this fairly quickly as I don't want to take up precious sewing time.

What's on your cutting or sewing table?
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.
  • DeniseSm
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: WIP - August 9-15, 2019

I'm working on Jennys Diamond Pavers tutorial. I have all the dark sashing blocks done.
    100_5157.JPG

Halfway through the white sashing blocks.

Sometimes (but not all the time) I am having trouble keeping the very narrow point of the sashing straight. It seems to want to curve. Anybody have any tips for me?
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• MSN
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2017

Denise, I'm not sure if this trick will work for you or not. I found it interesting, though.

Comment

• DeniseSm
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by MSN View Post
        Denise, I'm not sure if this trick will work for you or not. I found it interesting, though.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O-8bE4Yagw
        That is so clever. Thanks for the tip.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• LauraP
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2015

Finally getting my mojo back. I sewed a long dress for myself, just straight a-line so easy. Then I finished another secret santa gift. So now I'm up to date again.
          sigpic

Comment

• jjkaiser
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2013

I am exhausted! And haven't even been sewing. Hosted a baby shower for 30 people. Then had out of town guests for 4 days. Our friend brought his new wife and I did not know till they arrived that she was a vegan, so of course all the menus I planned were things she couldn't eat. Between cooking and sightseeing, well it was a little much. Today we hosted our annual family reunion for about 40 people. Just a few dirty dishes left but the leafs are out of the table and the last folding chair tucked away in the attic. I am sleeping till 9 tomorrow and nobody better wake me up! Then I can pull my quilt project out of hiding and things can get back to normal around here!!!
            Jocelyn
            South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
              I am exhausted! And haven't even been sewing. Hosted a baby shower for 30 people. Then had out of town guests for 4 days. Our friend brought his new wife and I did not know till they arrived that she was a vegan, so of course all the menus I planned were things she couldn't eat. Between cooking and sightseeing, well it was a little much. Today we hosted our annual family reunion for about 40 people. Just a few dirty dishes left but the leafs are out of the table and the last folding chair tucked away in the attic. I am sleeping till 9 tomorrow and nobody better wake me up! Then I can pull my quilt project out of hiding and things can get back to normal around here!!!
              Wow, that is a lot of hosting, and now that everyone is gone, I hope you get your life back in order and can quilt up a storm.
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• shermur
                Missouri Star
                • Mar 2013

Here's what I have worked on since the weekend - At the Seashore by Moda Bakeshop. Blocks 15 through 18......

MBS At the Seashore 2019 Blocks 15-18 (800x677).jpg
                Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

This is my project to concentrate on at my upcoming retreat.IMG_0853.JPG I saw this in an ad and recreated the pattern on draft paper. The next round is tri rec units with corner squares then sashing of two strips and a four patch corner. Probably the most pieces in a block I have ever done.
                  Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• cv quilter
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2015

Claire, is there a name for the block pattern? It's really pretty and I like the fabrics you've chosen.
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2011

The ad was for the book that pattern was in from Martingale I believe. Quilts of Love and Valor by Becky Wright.
                      Most of the fabric is from a fat quarter bundle from Bear Creek Quilting.
                      There are 84 individual pieces in each block plus pieced sashing. Yikes, why did I start this?
                      Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• cv quilter
                        Missouri Star
                        • Feb 2015

Thanks, Claire. I really like the design/pattern. OMG on the 84 pieces in each block. Kind of makes me think of Bonnie Hunter and all the pieces she includes in her blocks. Your blocks are sew lovely.
                        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• jjkaiser
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2013

Oh my gosh Claire 84 pieces in a block??? Be sure and post your progress! Would you like me to mail you a bottle of Extra Strength Excedrin?!
                          Jocelyn
                          South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

Working...
                          X