Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well Friday came awful quickly!!

WOW Friday already. We were out early in the morning, Maizyn and I were out and I bought her some clothes. $2 and $3 clearance sales. Back home and pack up for the beach. While we did get a swim in, we didn't stay long and the skies looked really threatening and we felt a few sprinkles. I think we would have been ok for a while but we decided it was best to come home. We really didn't do much in the afternoon. I had downloaded the wrong movie for movie night, but got the right one yesterday. So we watched it last night. Aladdin is over 2 hours long. Bedtime ended up being at 10:30 last night. I think Maizyn was up before us this morning.

I am not sure what we will do today. I think tomorrow will be Fair day. It looks like it might be the best day to go (weatherwise).

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Well Friday came awful quickly!!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ The county fair is on here, too. I hope to stop by today & look over the quilts. I have a dental appt. this a.m. for my routine 6 mo. cleaning. I also need to stop at the groc. store for a few things.

Yest. after it was daylight, I discovered the ground was too wet from the previous night's rain, so the weeding didn't get done. Plan B: Sew! I got the Tula Pink quilt top assembled except for the border. I'm still contemplating what to do with that. I may use some of my JR strips, but I'll have to piece it. The 48" length is too long for 1 strip.

I hope everyone has a good day & upcoming week end.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Quilters!! It's a lovely day here in my little cyber corner of the world. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself lately.. Why? (you ask). I'm working in my sewing corner and starting to get "that" bug again.. Yup, you know which one I'm talking about. It's where creativity meets imagination and productivity takes over. Thread starts flying. Fabric litters every surface, including the floor.. and no one gets a hot cooked meal til This burst of "creativity" has run it's course.

Got my bobbins filled and the correct foot on the machine so the quilting can get done!! I'm ready to let that machine work it's little heart out today.. Just as soon as the kids get out of here and off to work. If you don't hear from me for awhile, just remember to send in food and a drink so I don't faint. Happy Quilting day, fellow quilters!!

6. Thanks quiltingaway, Mom23, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    It's a sunny start but the weather is following its pattern of t-storm and rain expected later in afternoon. Yesterday I took a road trip with my GF to 2 LQS, one where the owner is liquidating as she retiring. I picked up some beautiful fabrics and a rack to hang on peg board which will come in handy. At the other store, I picked up fabrics off the 50% rack which coordinate with 2 jelly rolls that I have. It's time to get onto that one soon. We had lunch at the local restaurant and came home. She was pretty tired but enjoys our trips.

I worked on more of the 9 patch border quilt, and have started sewing the rows. I may have enough 9 patches for another quilt. I will pick up the batting and backing from my GF this morning. I hope to catch up on her trip in Holland.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	160203

Monique - it's amazing how fast time flies and happy that Maizin is enjoying her time with you. I have fond memories of vacations with my memère. There's also a county fair nearby, and my kids remember going with my parents every year.
    Judy - yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm glad you found your quilting mojo. Keep it active and you won't lose it. I've got to help DH get his mojo back. He comes down to sewing room, and looks at fabrics and goes back up on his computers. I think these suck the life out of him.

Enjoy your day. Stay dry. Stay cool. Be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning All!

Good news from Stan yesterday. Steve slept well, fed himself breakfast, and they had him up in a wheelchair yesterday! We'll see what happens after his next chemo treatment.

I spent a couple of hours on the phone with Melinda. It was almost as good as seeing her. She's busy working on about 5 quilts while I'm just admiring my clean sewing room. I need to get out fabrics for a baby quilt for one of the ladies at church. I bought a fat quarter bundle that has a cute panel. I think I'm holding out to see if I want to use more of the pinks or blues in the bundle. Maybe I should just go pet the fabric and see what it says to me.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I think that not only has Friday came awful quickly but how fast August is going by. The last day that the local pool is open is Sunday so the children are trying to get in as much swim time as possible. We have several public schools that have already started for the year. Next year the start time will be later as the new state law says that school can not start til 2 weeks before Labor Day. This is really a plus for 4-H and FFA members who exhibit at the state fair which has started. Growing up I remember the week before Labor Day we would have a three day school week, then Labor Day week was a four day week, then the next week we started into the full five day weeks which made for a great day to ease into the school year because those first days can be so tiring.

I was able to get a lot done yesterday but none of it in the sewing room. One of the biggest things that I did was work on sorting glassware. Our church had (didn't even know they had) the punch bowls, glass cups and plates that I remember growing up when I was little back home. Well, the glassware never gets used so they were getting rid of them, I found a church back home that would like to have them. So last night I sorted and organized them - 268 glasses and 106 plates. Lots of memories from childhood as I looked at a variety of the patterns. It was also neat to see on a few of the items the way that the ladies use to mark them so that they knew whose was whose when they loaned them out - tape on the bottom with initials, the marker dot on a corner. I will finish packing them up today so they won't break as I meet the mom and a lady from the church later today.

We found at yesterday that dh's company picnic is probably going to just be a picnic at a local park this year. I had really hoped that it was going to be the zoo trip like last year as we have so much fun going. Last year it was really nice because not only was admission included but so was lunch, the I-Max plus concession stand for drink and popcorn, train ride, tram, carousal.

Have a great day everyone

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Finally have a minute to check in. I did figure my quilt layout yesterday’s day sewed 6 wedges together. I call this round quilt a “tummy time’ quilt. I have made a Dr. Seuss theme quilt that was a big hit. Later today I need to go to Target for a few things. Then head back to my sewing room.

Have a good day.
    Beth

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all! I so enjoy catching up with everyone on this thread. DH is still here; he received a work call this a.m. that he had to log in at home and fix some problem or other. No idea if he will drive in to work later or work from home. If he stays home I hope to use the car to take my quilt top to my MIL's to sandwich. She has a large table so it is easier to do than if I try to do it at home, I hope you all have a fantastic day!

Jeannette

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post