Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Juki TL2010Q faceplate problem

As far as I can tell, this wasn't a problem until after the first time I took the faceplate off to clean, but I could be wrong.

My faceplate sits about 1/16" higher than the machine bed. So, when I'm piecing onto another part of a block, or joining rows - anything where there's a seam on the bottom layer - if the seam is laying "up" or pointing towards the needle, it catches on the faceplate. I have to slow down or, if it's a small piece so that the seam is just at the rim when I start to sew, jiggle it around which then can nudge the fabric just enough that It's not aligned anymore. It's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly annoying.

I have removed and replaced it several times since and I can't see any way of making it flush with the bed.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juki TL2010Q faceplate problem

I have a straight stitch only machine like the Juki 2010. Yes its face plate sticks above the surface just enough to catch the fabric and flip the seam in the wrong direction. I solved the problem by putting a piece of painter tape over the front edge of the faceplate where it meets the machine bad. No more flipped seams

Sadly the corner of the painters tape seems to wear of faster than the rest of the tape so I have to replace it about every two weeks, or when I remove the faceplate to clean under neath it. Good thing a roll of painters tape last a long time. It is worth it to me not to have my seams flipped.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

3. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Denise! The painters tape is going to be my workaround. I was just really hoping there was something to "fix," you know? At least I'm not nuts (well, in this instance anyway LOL)

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the same with my 2010.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    I have a straight stitch only machine like the Juki 2010. Yes its face plate sticks above the surface just enough to catch the fabric and flip the seam in the wrong direction. I solved the problem by putting a piece of painter tape over the front edge of the faceplate where it meets the machine bad. No more flipped seams

Sadly the corner of the painters tape seems to wear of faster than the rest of the tape so I have to replace it about every two weeks, or when I remove the faceplate to clean under neath it. Good thing a roll of painters tape last a long time. It is worth it to me not to have my seams flipped.
    I have a 2010 and just always thought the flipped seams were user error. I've gotten into the habit of pinning every sean down. I'm going to try your tape tip. Thanks.
    Diana Grey