Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Howdy from North Texas

Howdy Fellow Quilting Addicts!

I'm so glad glad that I have found this forum! I am less than a year into quilting and I am hooked! I have always wanted to learn, but never seemed to have the time.

I have pieced several tops and I struggled with the actual quilting on my sewing machine. So my wonderful husband has bought me a Handi Quilter Forte Long Arm and I love it. Just ordered my Pro-Stitcher and it can't get here soon enough! I am hoping my husband and I can learn it together! He has Early On-Set Parkinson's and I think this will be something he might enjoy doing with me.

I have purchased several (husband says too many, LOL!) kits and Daily Deals to start building up my supplies from Missouri Star. I just love getting those packages in the mail!

Look forward to hearing from everyone!

Krafty Kels

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Howdy from North Texas

Welcome from Colorado. You'll love it here. So much friendship & sharing of ideas & photos. Happy Quilting.

You can learn a lot about free motion quilting from watching videos on YouTube.

4. Thanks kraftykels thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome =) This website is almost as addicting as quilting itself. When I am too tired to quilt I watch Jenny's tutorials and watch her quilt, lol. When I first joined in Nov. I didn't really get a chance until after the holidays to really enjoy time here. It took me awhile to go thru' all the galleries, I just wanted to see every quilt. Hope you enjoy being here too. Look forward to seeing pictures of your quilts too.

6. Thanks kraftykels thanked for this post
    4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Krafty Kels from PA. I am sure you will love the forum.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Dayton, OH. You will find lots of inspiration in your quilting journey here. My hubby has a good eye for color and design, but does not want to join me in the actual piecing/quilting. Still it is great to have a partner who supports your hobby.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Krafty Kels from Canada's capital. It sounds like you have the right stash and machines to produce a decent amount of quilts. Take advantage of any opportunity to attend HQ Academy. I hear you learn a lot. It's good that your husband has shown an interest. Mine also knows how to quilt, but because of other interests, he doesn't make as many as me, but he sure has a decent stash. Enjoy this addition. It's a nice one.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When I found this forum I loved it and althogh I had to remember my English that I was quite forgotten I wanted to continue here because there are wonderful people and I have learned a lot from all the good advice that people share. I hope you follow a lot of time and show us some of your work

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the bunch!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from Wisconsin! Wow you start out Big! After I started quilting I thought I was being extravagant by getting an extra large cutting mat lol!!! So nice your dh is in on this with you. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects. We love pictures, and every week there is a WIP thread that is fun to follow.