• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It is Thursday

Good morning everyone. The weather didn't look good yesterday but Maizyn and I went to the beach just the same. We pretty well had the beach to ourselves. While it was cloudy, we both got a little sunburned on our faces. AND she did put sunscreen on her face.

Today might be another beach day. The neighbour girl was planning on getting up early this morning so as not to miss this beach day, haha!!

Our movie night was a bust as I didn't download the right movie. We did have popcorn just the same.

Well I need to get on with my day. You all have a great day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: It is Thursday

Good morning,
    It's a cloudy start to the day, with rain t-storm predicted. We got a bit of a sprinkle and one thunder clap, but the downpour missed our part of town. Not unusual. Yesterday I finally went and picked 2 frames for prescription glasses The Rx is 5 months old, but I hate finding frames as much as buying swimsuits (can't remember the last time I bought one). DH and I both bought 2 pairs of sneakers. Same here. Hate shopping for sneakers. Then DH bought 2 boxes of chocolate at his favorite chocolatier. He got me a box of lemon raspberry, a summer treat made with lemonciello. Yummy.

I also cut more 2 1/2" square for a VQC quilt. Tomorrow I am picking up the battings and backing to finish another VQC quilt.

This morning I am going with GF Heather to LQS that is closing due to retirement. Everything is now 35% off. She carries primarily Northcott and Willmington. I will miss this store. The owner is very friendly and helpful.

Enjoy your day. Stay cool. Stay dry. Be safe.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's still too dark outside to open the curtains. We had a thunderstorm ~9:30 last night. I get a bit nervous when there's a lot of lightning. I closed all the windows. Some years ago our neighbor's house caught on fire from a lightning strike, which hit a tree branch outside their 2nd story BR window, traveled down the branch through their open window. We looked over to see their BR engulfed in flames. The storm moved east rather quickly, so I was able to open up the windows ~30 min. later. We had a nice rain -- free lawn watering.

Our lunch yest. was nice. There were 7 of us. It was good to catch up on what everyone had been doing over the summer. We chatted a long time. Then I ran my errands. In the eve. I talked to my niece in TN. She's flying to MI today to visit family & friends. There will be a memorial service for her mom, my SIL, on Sat. for all those who didn't go to TN in May for her funeral. Burial of her ashes will be in MI.

Temps. today are supposed to be in the 80's, so I may try to get some flower bed weeding done while it's cooler. We had 96 yest.
      Last edited by JCY; August 8, 2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• grammaterry
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2015

20 hummingbirds are fighting over 5 feeders this morning and doing a good job entertaining me. Slept better last night than usual! No sewing for a few days now. I've been digging up crab grass from the newly planted back yard. It was taking over. We think it must have been in the grass seed as we haven't ever experienced crab grass. We tried chemicals and it just seemed like it made it spread faster. I thought if I did up most of it and then get some weed killer it might work.
        Have a great day
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

• shermur
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2013

Morning all! Everyone sounds very busy!

I am 3 blocks behind on the Moda Bakeshop Quilt Along for 2019 Summer. I am hoping to work on those later today and tomorrow!

I have a job interview that is within 1/2 block of my home! I really have high hopes this is the ONE job I can facilitate my skills and experience! Everyone cross your fingers and prayers are requested.
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• baslp
            The Guild President
            • Sep 2012

Good morning. We had a doozy of storm yesterday. It started around 4 and finally let up around 8. A lot of flash flooding. I was glad that I made it home just as it started. I may not have 5o water for days.
            No sewing yesterday. I need to get the layout set before I start to sew. My SIL loves hummingbirds. I just found a fabric line with that theme. Now to find a good pattern to use.

Have a good day. Stay cool and dry.
            Beth

Comment

• Ginny B
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Good morning. It's a pretty nice morning here after some tstorms and heavy rain last night. No watering needed this morning. Yesterday was my last scheduled day watching Tessa. I have enjoyed it so much. Although I must say that I was a lot more tired after a day with her than I was on most days coming home from work when I was still working. Lol Of course, my days at work were only 9-5. Days with Tessa started at 7:15 and ended somewhere between 5-6. And she has started crawling so there was a lot of catching up to her and redirecting her path. . Loved it nevertheless.

I have already spent some time in the sewing room this morning. I went through my fabric and pulled out fall themed material. I received a call the other night from someone running a local craft fair in October asking me if I would be interested in vending there. She had seen some of my work and thought it would be a good fit.

I need to get some plants repotted so I am going to get moving on that now. Monique, enjoy your day with Maizyn. Suzanne, I hope you and your gf find some good fabric but it is always sad to hear of a lqs closing. Maybe a new one will take its place. Joy, I fear lightening too although I haven't had the experience you had. I close the Windows and stay away from them. Sherri, fingers crossed for your job interview. Beth I hope you find a fun pattern for the hummingbird fabric. Whatever you find, I am sure your sil will love it. Terri, I use a tool called Grandpa's weeder to battle our crab grass. It does a pretty good job of pulling out the clump with the roots attached. I can't do that when pulling it by hand.

Have a good day everyone.
              Last edited by Ginny B; August 8, 2019, 07:36 AM.
              Ginny B
              Levittown, NY

Comment

• JCY
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2013

Terry ~ We've had crab grass in our front yard for years. Some in the back, too. We just mow it down. Too much effort to try to eradicate it.

Well, I had planned to do some weeding today, but that rain last night really soaked the ground. It's too wet. Plan B: do some sewing! Yay.

Our LQS really is expanding & looking so nice. The previous owners retired last year & a new owner has been able to lease the empty space next door, which she's now using for a classroom area, a place to display her collection of vintage sewing machines, & another room for more fabric. She's really expanded the amount of fabrics she's stocking. I stopped in yest. for ~ 30 min. before lunch just to see the recent progress. Didn't buy anything, but I loved on the little dog (15 week old puppy) one of the clerks brings with her to work every day. What a fuzz ball!

Comment

• KPH
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

I had the kids this morning. Jim had Bible Study at 6:30. Morgan had class at 8. Naturally they came in like they haven't eaten in years. I was prepared. I'd picked up a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. They had toast and later they had animal crackers and peanut butter. I couldn't believe it when J asked what was for lunch at 10:30! That's not my problem.

Zeke broke his foot. Same bone on the left foot this time. 11 months to the day! He's back in a boot for a month. He's getting along really well with it. It certainly is heavy! Grandma has already said, no picking up Zeke! He's too heavy without a boot!

Mike's gone to work, so it's time to figure out how to spend my afternoon. Have a great day!
                  Katrina
                  From NC, retired in FL
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Cathy F
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                    Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's still too dark outside to open the curtains. We had a thunderstorm ~9:30 last night. I get a bit nervous when there's a lot of lightning. I closed all the windows. Some years ago our neighbor's house caught on fire from a lightning strike, which hit a tree branch outside their 2nd story BR window, traveled down the branch through their open window. We looked over to see their BR engulfed in flames. The storm moved east rather quickly, so I was able to open up the windows ~30 min. later. We had a nice rain -- free lawn watering.

Our lunch yest. was nice. There were 7 of us. It was good to catch up on what everyone had been doing over the summer. We chatted a long time. Then I ran my errands. In the eve. I talked to my niece in TN. She's flying to MI today to visit family & friends. There will be a memorial service for her mom, my SIL, on Sat. for all those who didn't go to TN in May for her funeral. Burial of her ashes will be in MI.

Temps. today are supposed to be in the 80's, so I may try to get some flower bed weeding done while it's cooler. We had 96 yest.
                    Our house was struck by lightning in 1989, the morning of our son's graduation. Whoever said it doesn't strike twice should have been here. Yup, twice within 30 minutes. Blew out the garage door opener, appliances, phone, and charred the wall of the dining room and back of the China cabinet. Firemen had to open the wall to make sure no fire.
                    Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

Working...
                    X