Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Babylock Soprano Tension Issue...

Hi everyone...need a little advice. Earlier this week I started to free motion a quilt and it looked UGLY so I spent the rest of the evening taking out what little I did. The next night I was going to stitch in the ditch but started having tension issues. The bottom thread was coming through to the top. I turned the machine off numerous times to clear it, put in a new needle, cleaned the entire area around the bobbin and put in a new bobbin, re-threaded the machine (numerous times) with different threads and nothing changed.

I'm not sure what do at this point. The Babylock does not have a manual tension adjuster...we have some buttons on the screen that I tried to use but didn't get anywhere with that.

Any ideas? What am I missing? Please help.

Thank you!!!!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Babylock Soprano Tension Issue...

I have a Soprano also and have had similar issues. I haven't used it since maybe March or April but just did piecing at that time. I have spoken with the people where I purchased it and they looked at it but they said everything was fine --- they just adjusted the tension a tad. Didn't really do much. Once, I called customer service at Babylock about an issue with an embroidery machine and they were very helpful. Maybe call them and see what they have to say. I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see what others have to say. Good luck

Nancy

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Nancy...I'll give that a try.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Soprano too, and also have tension issues when quilting.
    My machine does not like "good" thread when quilting. Try a few different brands.
    Make sure your bobbin is wound perfectly. I would not buy this machine again because
    of this issue.