• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It Wednesday!!

Good morning friends. It is a very sticky and humid day with no sunshine. We are expecting rain today.

Well she is here. We brought her home with us yesterday. Stopped and got groceries. Then I was notified that I needed to buy her some new shoes for school. And so we got 2 new pairs, she wears a size 8 and she is only 9 years old. Now we will teach her how to tie her shoes.

I was hoping to take her for a swim this morning some time but will have to watch the weather. Les works tonight so Maizyn and I will have a movie night together. I downloaded a movie and will make popcorn.

The fair that we want to take her to opens Friday so it looks like that is when we will be going. Elaina (neighbour girl) can only come with us if we go Friday as she has a baseball tournament all weekend.

Well that's it for today. Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Re: It Wednesday!!

Good Morning ~ Today some of the gals from my Bible study group last year are getting together for lunch. There will be only 6 of us. Several can't come. We've stayed in touch through the summer by e-mail, sharing prayer requests. Next mo. after Labor Day will start the new session of BSF & we'll probably be in other discussion groups.

While I'm out today, I need to make a stop at Walmart & the natural grocers. With all these recent shootings, I guess one has to be vigilant no matter where they are. Who would have thought it wouldn't be safe to shop at your local WM or mall? There are too many crazies out there. Stay alert & be aware of your surroundings.

Yest. I re-did the layout of the Tula Pink fabrics. I took away all the 4-patches & substituted plain blocks so that the HSTs are more prominent. (With the 4-Ps included, it was too chaotic for me.) I'll use them in another quilt. I pieced together blocks until I ran out of time.

DH is waiting for his breakfast, so no more time now.

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

Good Morning Monique,

It sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun this week!

Stan delivered the quilt to Steve yesterday. lol, if I'd known it was going to be that long before he was able to go to his home to get it, I wouldn't have paid the extra to overnight it! Steve was in and out of it last night. Stan said, he said it was pretty. From the sounds of it, that is a lot for where he is with the pain medication.

Mike Muse, DH's cousin, was admitted to the hospital and had surgery last night. His hand was swollen and he had a severe lesion on his hand. Apparently, it's a result of the immunotherapy that they're doing trying to fight his cancer. His wife said surgery went well and he'll be in the hospital a few days.

Son, Mike, had to be at work at 7 this morning. I don't think they realize he's a night owl. He'll probably take a nap when he gets home this afternoon.

Yesterday, I worked on school stuff. lol, can't say I didn't work on PT yesterday! I wrote and wrote and wrote! I still have a ways to go before I'll finish this material for Jonathan. Bit by bit, I'll get it done! At least, I can listen to a book while I'm copying the card work.

Not sure what I'm going to do today. I'll have to get what I'm working on put away tonight because the kids will be here tomorrow.

Prayers for those in need, there are so many.

Have a great day!
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• minipinlady
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2018

Good Morning =)
        It is raining here as well. We need the rain, the heat as kept me indoors with Ac, as much as winter keeps indoors for the heat. It just means year long quilting, no complaints there. I always start my day off with tea, and the last few weeks I have been having that tea while reading thru' the every day postings. It doesn't take long to feel like I know everyone who posts daily. I wasn't sure if it was for regulars or everyone, so here I am just wanting to say hello, and say even when I am not posting myself, I am listening. Have a great day.

Comment

• baslp
          The Guild President
          • Sep 2012

Good morning. Another hot day here. We may have strong storms come through this afternoon. We had a storm hit yesterday around lunchtime. Of course I had to go out and meet a friend for lunch. I made it into the restaurant before it hit.
          I have to drive into the city for a doctor’s appointment. It has been 3 1/2 months since my surgery. Unfortunately the hospital she practices at is closing. It went bankrupt. It will be a great blow to the people who live in poorer areas of the city.
          Hope to get some sewing done on my baby quilt before my next appt this afternoon.

Monique— sounds like you have som3 fun things planned to do with your grand daughter.

Hav3 a good day.

Beth

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Good morning,
            Having the same weather as Monique. T-storm possibly this aft. Yesterday we got some rain, which is good as the lawn are really dry. DH & I went early to our favorite steak house for dinner. Prices have gone up, but still the best steaks in town. Atmosphere is sophisticated and it's not noisy like chain restaurants. A big meal may have been the reason for my 'nuit blanche' (waking up at 3am. Maybe it was a dream (or nightmare) where I was back in the workforce. I could not do this - too stressful. Kudos to you ladies who could retire, have retired and continue to work.

Joy - I understand your apprehension. When I was in Kansas last summer, the Walmart I went to had lockers to leave all your purse coats etc. They also had armed guards. I did not feel safe, so I turned around and looked for another store. In the first week I was there alone, there were 2 murders and a shooting within a 3 miles perimeter. I am definitely not familiar with gun violence and the ease of which guns can be purchased in the US. Sure we have some crazy people here too and if they really want, they can get guns. I pray for peace for the victims'

Yesterday I started piecing 2 1/2" nine patch blocks for a VQC quilt. My foot guide must be slightly bent as the finished size is not coming up to the 6 1/2" needed to attach to the main blocks. Easy fix. When I'm done doing the 44-9patch, I will trim down large block to match. I have 2 of this pattern before. I like it, but it would definitely not be a group sewing quilt. I may continue working on this today. Sometime this week, I want to go on a road trip to a few LQS a short drive away.

Enjoy your day. Stay dry. Stay cool. Be safe.

Minipinlady - hoping to get to PEC in the next week for some wine buying and to visit LQS in Picton which is closing. Sad. Even though it's 3 hours away, I've always stopped there to pick up fabrics.
            Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; August 7, 2019, 07:20 AM.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2014

Good morning all,

I haven't checked in for a while....I don't know where the summer is going. It's cloudy today and will be cooler. It looked like rain when I got home from work, so I quickly started picking green beans from the garden. Sure enough, it started to rain, but I finished picking anyway. Our soil here is soooo thick and heavy, and I knew if it rained any amount, I wouldn't be able to get in the garden today. It sticks to your shoes, and you come out being 3 inches taller! Then it dries like cement on the bottom of your shoes :-(

I've been to the cabin the past couple of weekends but no lengthy stays. I miss that. For some reason, JoAnns has had me working more than usual this summer. I requested 12 days off in Sept. and plan to spend it all at the cabin.

I hear laundry calling my name, so I guess that's what I'll be doing today, with a little sewing thrown in as well. Have a blessed day everyone.

Comment

• Navy Wife
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2013

August is here. It's hot and humid with thunderstorms from time to time...a typical summer down south. I feel sorry for the local kids who are all back in school. It must be miserable standing out waiting for the bus or walking home in the heat of the day.

Welcome to you, minipin lady. I don't post everyday, but I have my coffee while catching up with the news! So we can have coffee together every day!

I got my new washer and dryer Monday, and spent yesterday catching up on laundry. They are so nice and quiet! But as with all electronic things, it took longer to figure out the settings than to do the laundry. Next time will be easier. My old dryer had a buzzer at the end of the cycle that would scare you to death. Even the cat jumped! This one has a nice quiet little chime, and you can adjust the volume! No more spilling my coffee everywhere!

Well, I have to stop and get ready for the day. I have grocery shopping to do, and other things to pick up. Today is my sister's birthday. She's 20 years younger than I am, and lives in Florida. I'll call tonight and catch up on her life!

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2014

Navy Wife, I had to laugh at the mental picture of the cat jumping at the sound of the dryer buzzer!

Comment

• geegeequilts
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2015

Not much happening in my sewing room. That means no progress in getting organized, sigh. I did spend about 45 minutes cleaning the threads from the wheels of my sewing chair. Guess what? Now I can move around, lol.

Gina

Comment

Working...
                    X