• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • auntstuff
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2017

Re: Story from a Kansas State Highway Patrol officer 👮

Or...you can just crawl under your bed and stay there. Not much fun in that.
    She who dies with the most quilts is......
    Still dead.
    What's your hurry?

Comment

• dwil23
      Missouri Star
      • May 2012

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
      There should be more of us gun toten gramma's!! I agree funny. Those of you who want to read political or tragic into our lives, have a right but politicising those mass shootings with more than a mention is not helping! The crazies thrive on the publicity and I tune out all the coverage after the first story. Yes, it happened but we don't need to analyse every aspect. Not nationally anyway. So stop reading anger in everybody else's humor and carry on
      "Gun toten gramma's" - love it! Personally I HATE guns and always said I would never have one in my house. Now my son has two. I hate that our society has come to the point where I am now okay with that. Now, don't get me wrong, I have always believed in the right to own arms, just never wanted to myself for fear of an accident. And, I agree, Terry - far too much media coverage and finger pointing when these horrible things happen, which just encourages the next one.
      Donna

Comment

• ktdid
        The Guild President
        • Dec 2018

personally I don't have a sawed off shotgun for nothing on my dinning room table.!!
        Kate (Oklahoma)
        There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2012

I agree, funny. Much needed, after recent events. I actually work in El Paso close to where the latest shooting happened. It's so tense here. No one here is blaming the gun, just the crazy guy who drove from Dallas to impose his hate. I live in Las Cruces, actually tonight some guy tried to knock and get us to open the door at 1130pm, thank goodness my man has a gun in the house. He handled the situation, soon after all we saw were cops searching for him. We weren't the only house he tried to get in. I hope everyone's day is great!

Comment

• Suzette
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2012

I thought it was funny. That doesn't take away from my grief over the recent tragedies. Two separate things. We have become a nation that is determined to always find a reason to be offended. When a joke hits too close to home for me and I don't see the humor, I remind myself that I am not alone in this world and others will find humor where maybe I cannot right now. That doesn't mean they need called out for it. It just means that in that instance I can walk away or scroll on by.
            Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Working...
            X