Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Story from a Kansas State Highway Patrol officer 👮

This joke has been around for years. I see nothing wrong with it and I see no reason as to why she is being attacked like this.

Yes, there were two mass shootings.....

This has nothing, absolutely NOTHING to do with either one.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

2. Thanks am2901, catmama635, dwil23, Quiltfreestyle, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Humor is humor , and that was funny. Personally I am so tired of hearing about the latest crazy and all the attention the shooter gets. I hear a lot about so called "Haters" but I have to say that those that scream " politically correct " seem to be the worst haters. They make every tragedy their own, and gag every one else's opinions ( and humor ) , making good people targets of bashing shaming etc. . Hate the crime, and use some common sense. A joke is a joke and it was a good joke. In case the point of the joke was missed, it was about self protection, and not giving FEAR control, at any age. I think that is a good point, and sandwiching it in humor is the best way to make a point.

4. Thanks dwil23, Caroline T., bubba, Quiltfreestyle, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that is too funny! I could be that fiesty oldster one of these days in the near future! Thanks for a much needed laugh!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There should be more of us gun toten gramma's!! I agree funny. Those of you who want to read political or tragic into our lives, have a right but politicising those mass shootings with more than a mention is not helping! The crazies thrive on the publicity and I tune out all the coverage after the first story. Yes, it happened but we don't need to analyse every aspect. Not nationally anyway. So stop reading anger in everybody else's humor and carry on

7. Thanks dwil23, Caroline T., auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    There should be more of us gun toten gramma's!! I agree funny. Those of you who want to read political or tragic into our lives, have a right but politicising those mass shootings with more than a mention is not helping! The crazies thrive on the publicity and I tune out all the coverage after the first story. Yes, it happened but we don't need to analyse every aspect. Not nationally anyway. So stop reading anger in everybody else's humor and carry on
    While I was out doing Uber Eats last night, I was in a pizza place. I sat next to an older man while we waited for our food. Every time someone walked past outside or entered the restaurant, he nervously looked all over the place. I finally asked him if he was alright and he told me yes, he was fine, just that he had been deeply depressed since the two shootings. I told him that he can't live his life like that, and he went on to say that it could happen anywhere and he just wanted to be aware of his surroundings. I told him in the 31 years that I was a dispatcher, I had only one call that involved something like this and again told him that it was not good for him to dwell on this and worry about being shot in a mass shooting. He seemed to calm down quite a bit, and when we walked out together, he thanked me.

I believe that these murderers should not be glorified by having their names mentioned in the news. That is the kind of attention they wanted.....don't give it to them!! Live with a smile, both on your face and in your heart.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

9. Thanks quiltingaway, dwil23, Caroline T., auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Or...you can just crawl under your bed and stay there. Not much fun in that.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

11. Thanks ktdid, dwil23, bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    "Gun toten gramma's" - love it! Personally I HATE guns and always said I would never have one in my house. Now my son has two. I hate that our society has come to the point where I am now okay with that. Now, don't get me wrong, I have always believed in the right to own arms, just never wanted to myself for fear of an accident. And, I agree, Terry - far too much media coverage and finger pointing when these horrible things happen, which just encourages the next one.
    Donna

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

personally I don't have a sawed off shotgun for nothing on my dinning room table.!!
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Elanor Roosevelt

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, funny. Much needed, after recent events. I actually work in El Paso close to where the latest shooting happened. It's so tense here. No one here is blaming the gun, just the crazy guy who drove from Dallas to impose his hate. I live in Las Cruces, actually tonight some guy tried to knock and get us to open the door at 1130pm, thank goodness my man has a gun in the house. He handled the situation, soon after all we saw were cops searching for him. We weren't the only house he tried to get in. I hope everyone's day is great!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was funny. That doesn't take away from my grief over the recent tragedies. Two separate things. We have become a nation that is determined to always find a reason to be offended. When a joke hits too close to home for me and I don't see the humor, I remind myself that I am not alone in this world and others will find humor where maybe I cannot right now. That doesn't mean they need called out for it. It just means that in that instance I can walk away or scroll on by.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

16. Thanks sydneybean, auntstuff, bubba thanked for this post