Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is Monday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It is Monday

Good morning friends. I had a relatively quiet weekend. We did got out on Saturday to see friends. I overindulged a little and wasn't feeling well yesterday. So my whole day was wasted but I did catch up on some sleep.

I am going to get Maizyn tomorrow so I better get her room ready.

Friday Les decided to clean out the junk room. Now everything is sitting in the yard. My neighbour is having a garage sale next weekend so what we don't want will go to her. Can't wait to get that cleaned up. Not much I can do until all that stuff is gone.

This coming weekend I plan to take Maizyn to a fair, it should be fun.

So I am not sure exactly what today will bring. Les goes back to work today so I will be left alone for the day.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It is Monday

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Whew! Another hot one yest. It got up to 100 deg. again. Another warm night -- our warmest morning yet; it's 72 outside. We still have all the windows open & the fans going. I ran the swamp cooler most of the night.

I didn't do a whole lot yest. Church in the morning, with a stop at the groc. store on the way home for a few items. I made more 4-patches for the Buckeye Beauty with the Tula Pink fabrics. I'm not happy with the fabric layout. I'll keep tweaking it.

This morning I need to mix up my turkey patties & do laundry. That will keep me busy all morning.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Yesterday was a first for me. I took a ride in the glider. We were up there about 40 mins. DH also went up for a lesson, and his youngest son went up for 2 rides. This was his birthday gift. I tried to take as many pictures as possible but I couldn't see the screen on my phone, so I just enjoyed it. Beautiful green landscape sure reminded me of green quilt blocks, freeform shapes and neat squares where fields were planted. It reminded me of a quilt display and challenge I saw at a Vermont quilt show, that featured crop circles. It was nice to sit at the clubhouse, very quiet sitting on the porch, I read as I enjoyed a cold drink. Relaxing. I could see myself setting up my sewing machine there. Maybe I will go more often when DH goes for lessons.

I'm up early this morning, and have already made a batch of banana chocolate chip, raisin and dried cranberry muffins. My friends will be here at 9:30 to make their annual batch of sweet garlic dill pickles. The kitchen is all set up and ready for production.

Enjoy your day. Stay cool. Stay dry and be safe from not-so-perfect weather.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks baslp, Monique, 201 Treadler, MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got home a few days ago and have been sewing like a mad woman. My mind is s frazzled. I'm hoping it will calm me down to sew. You all have given me the gift of serinity and friendship. I'll fill you all in when I figure out what's going on in my life. Right now I am concentrating on the Shriners project and getting my mind focused.
    BTW, looks like DD#2is giving us a new GC this winter! She is 47 and of course, I'm really worried. I know, God will watch over her.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's a beautiful morning here. We had a good weekend of yardwork, etc. on Saturday and relaxing yesterday. Today we need to make a run to the garden center for a couple things and then I will be having lunch with my friend Ceil. I will also finally be dropping off that window seat cushion I finished before we went to Cali. It will be good to get it out of my garage. Tonight's dinner is crockpot enchilada so once I get that going, kitchen time will be easy today.

We are having trouble with our internet signal. About 3 weeks ago we started having issues picking up the signal in different parts of the house. Not sure whether it's our ISP or the router. Got to work on figuring that out for sure. Might need an extender. I don't know what changed a few weeks ago but it sure is frustrating.

I hope to spend some time in my sewing room later working on Max' quilt. I also need to make a list of what I want to make for some craft fairs I will be doing over the next couple months. Which reminds me, I need to send in a couple of the applications.

Monique, Have a fun week with Maizyn. I am sure it will be a fun time. Suzanne, a glider! Wow! And have fun jarring your pickles with your gf's. Joy, I hope the weather cools down a bit for you. Terry, let the hum of your sewing machine soothe you. And congrats on the new grandbaby. I will keep your daughter in my prayers.

Time to get back to work. Have a good day everyone.
    Last edited by Ginny B; August 5th, 2019 at 10:40 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It feels great today. Very little humidity and temps in the 80’s. I did a lot of cutting wedges yesterday. We went out to lunch yesterday and came back to a big mess. The cat knocked off a grocery bad my DD had put on our island. The glass jar of spaghetti sauce broke . 2 of our dogs cleaned up the sauce. We were worried about them ingesting shards of glass. We did not want to haul them to the vet hospital. So I googled what to do. Many sites said feed them bread and mash potatoes. So that is what we did. I hav3 a call into our vet to see if this was all we needed to do. That cat has caused us to make many trips to the vet hospital.

Today should be a be a quiet day.
    Beth

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! The month of July flew by in a ton of craziness especially the last two weeks with everything that was going on. Unless it was cutting out hexies or gluing them onto the papers, there was zero sewing going on the last three weeks. The children did great with their quilts - in 4-H, they got all blues on both their mini quilts and the large quilts (there were six quilts total). Each of their large quilts were selected for state fair. Then at the local quilt show during the fair, B and L received 2nd on one quilt and third on the other quilt in each of their age categories (4 more ribbons to add to the pile). Our oldest boy because he was over 16 had to participate with the adults. Then I entered three quilts in the fair - the "I Spy" quilt was one that received lots of positive comments. The other two were the baby quilts. The number of quilts was down this year and several of us think the reason was because the elevator was broken to get down to the quilt display. Fair attendance was down and that was due to the severe heat wave.

This week's main goal is to work on the MSQC Fall Forum Retreat. It is going to be here very quickly. We have only 9 spots open. If you are interested in coming, please get signed up. On August 16, 2019 I will be ordering t-shirts. If you want to make sure that you have a t-shirt, please get your ticket before then. Here is the link https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=80418

Have a great week everyone

10. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon All,

I started this morning on the slow side. I woke up and rolled over and went back to sleep and didn't get up until 8:30. I haven't done much of anything thing. Mike has the day off, so I updated the lists of things to pick up. I have a hair cut appointment this afternoon, so we'll have dinner while we're out there.

We picked the wrong lane at Walmart. The folks at the front of the line had everything rung up, and started putting stuff back, then changing their mind, swapping stuff to put back. They finally checked out, and brought two Red Bulls to purchase. They lost the ticket, started going through their bags and couldn't find it. I felt so sorry for the lady at the register when they came back and told her she didn't give them their receipt. Mike said, she handed it to you, I saw her. They wouldn't move out of the way. What a mess! The supervisor came and asked if she had the receipt. Mike told the lady, the guy put one in his back pocket. I know the lady at the register will be glad when she gets off at 2. I told her I hoped she had a better rest of the day.

Yesterday at Bible Study, Jeffie had us put our names on slips of paper. We put them all in a basket. She brought the basket to me, I stuck my hand in closed my eyes, and picked a slip... it was my name! I won 31 Days Toward Trusting God by Jerry Bridges. Her daughter in law picked her own name, too for the second drawing. She already had the book, so she drew another name. I'm sad this study is ending. Our last session is next Sunday. I'm not sure that I'll be able to go. Tammy will be starting school on the next Monday, Morgan will be in TN, and the kids will be with Nana and Nandy. I'll have Pepper.

My lawn guy is going to fix the neighbors fence for me. He says the posts are fine, it just needs 2 of the fencing sets. I guess I'd better tell Rick and Paula that I'm going to do it to keep Pepper out of their yard! In the long run, it's just a temporary fix but necessary with the dog coming to visit.

Have a great day, prayers for those in need.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Back again. The turkey patties (21) are done & in the freezer. Any time I fix turkey or chicken items, I totally scrub the counters, sink, etc. & change all my towels & dish rags. I've done 2 loads of laundry. Just chillin' out for a few min. here on the Forum.

Congrats, Terry, on the upcoming GC. I hope all goes well with her pregnancy. My mom was 40 when she had me. It's not uncommon now for ladies in their 40's to be having babies. Love the new quilts. Pedal to the metal to crank out those lovely quilts. It probably helps take your mind off other "stuff".

The temp. already is up to 96, & we're not even to the hottest part of the day yet, which usually is 3-5 p.m.

DS#2 got all moved over the week end. His stuff is moved in, but he has a lot to do get unpacked, organized, & settled in. His friend used his pick-up to help both Sat. & Sun., & my son used his Explorer. I'm thankful he has a good place of his own now. It's been a rough 6 mos. for him moving from WA to CO, changing jobs, the disappointing romance that didn't happen, etc.

I hope to get to the sewing room this afternoon.

14. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon friends! The weather has cooled off and will only hit 80 today, so we will enjoy some pleasant temps. I am working on the last curtain for my DD's classroom. We will deliver the curtains tomorrow when we pick up DD and take her to David's Bridal to try on wedding dresses. Her father and I are taking her. If she finds one she loves, we will buy it only if they have it in stock. I still remember the h*** they put me through when I ordered a dress there many years ago. Long story short, two days before my wedding I still had no dress and had to go find one at the last minute somewhere else. I did, and it was lovely and on sale, so it all worked out, thankfully. I hope you all have a wonderful day today!

Jeannette

16. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post