Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ With my luck, someone else will be starting a thread at the same time.

A very hot day yest. I thought we were done with the 100's, but not so. It stayed at 100 deg. most of the afternoon. It still was 82 at bedtime. A warm sleeping night.

I made a bunch of 4-patches yest. I'm gradually filling in the spaces, trying to sort of coordinate fabrics/colors with the HSTs on this Tula Pink quilt. I really am not crazy about some of the fabrics, but it will have to do.

This a.m. will be church. On the way home I need to stop at the groc. store for a few items. I hope to do more sewing this afternoon.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good morning Joy and others who follow,

Whew! I almost started the thread, but waited. Those are some hot temps. We don't get quite that high, but we have had high 80s and 90s since June. All this with high humidity which makes me retreat indoors. They say it's one of our hottest summers.

I picked up the cukes & dill yesterday morning for Monday's pickling day with my GF & her DH. We have been doing this for years, and while she could do it at her place, it's an opportunity to visit and I have all the equipment. I ran errands and finished sewing the binding on a VQC quilt. All washed and ready to donate. I also started cutting the fabric for another VQC quilt. I like the pattern, set on point, but it's not easy for our group ladies to sew as you really need to put on a design wall.

Today we are going to the gliding club. DH's youngest will be getting a ride. This was his birthday gift. He's a camera operator so he's hoping to get good shots. I will tag along, but may chose to hang around the clubhouse. I find it too hot and dusty to be on the field. I'd rather be resting by quilting.

Have a good day. Stay dry. Stay cool. Be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all,
    We had heavy fog again this morning and I decided to go for a walk and stretch my legs. The spiders have been busy and the webs were beaded with dew. Just beautiful. Our local Bobcat visited us last night...he left paw prints in the driveway.
    I think today is going to be a lazy day. I'm exhausted by 21 straight days of working on this room.
    The Great Bedroom Renovation Project is winding to a close. The walls are painted a color called Tea Stain and it's somewhere between Taupe and Khaki depending on the light, the new windows and trim are a crisp white but need to be cleaned. I'm hoping that this week the new floor will be installed. Tomorrow I'll start painting the closet doorway trim and baseboards. Then it's to the chop saw.
    I placed an order from Joann's for fabric to make curtains. It should arrive Wednesday and I need to find the time to get them done, or else my nosy neighbor will be watching me go about my life. The picture looked great, but you take a chance buying online when you can't feel the fabric. At any rate, it's bright and happy fabric.
    My broken ribs are healing in spite of all the abuse I've hurled at them. I still can't take a deep breath without pain, but sleeping is getting better. Everyone else here is healthy and happy.....hoping the same for all of you. Have a great day!!!~

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone! I am looking forward to a day in the quilting room, since it is so hot outside. I managed to finish the mowing last night, so should finish the edging tonight. Because it is so hot, I never get started on the yard work until 7:30 or 80 in the evening. For this reason, it takes me 3 days to get it all done. One day this heat will be over again.

This weekend has been one of errands. The only thing on my list I have not tackled is some work for my job that needs to be done. However, after a meeting with my boss last week, I've decided to take her advice and just push back, so it'll still be there Monday morning and I will tackle it then. Haircut, nails, new tires for the car, birthday gift purchase, all checked off the list. I also managed to finish a charity quilt for the guild so I can turn it in Tuesday night at the meeting. I have not been to a meeting in 4 months, so looking forward to it. I have now loaded a queen size grandma's fan quilt on the frame and will start quilting today. Need to do some marking though, as some of it will be cross hatch.

Next weekend is my "Quilting with Confidence" 2 day training that Gammill is putting on. Looking forward to that. Did anyone else end up doing this? For some reason I was thinking Suzanne was thinking about it.

Enjoy your day, and time with friends and family.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. My day has totally changed to the plan I started with. I was supposed to be at my tattooer's this afternoon doing a touch up on the my recent work and discussing the next one. He texted me to tell me that his vehicle was hit while he was getting into it. In fact, the person took off the door. Fortunately, he is fine.

So instead, I will be attempting to unskew a badly skewed panel I am using in a quilt. I will also be attempting to figure out the instructions to make DH's tunic which he needs in less than 3 weeks for Toronto FanExpo. I enjoy moving out of my comfort zone, but the agony of potential defeat always holds me back.

I have already made block 35 for the 100days100blocks pattern I am taking part in. I have found it enjoyable to read my social media in the morning and then make my block.

To my fellow Canadians, have a great long weekend and for the rest of you, have a great day.

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon!

I'm waiting for Mike to come home so we can go eat! I thought he was getting off at 2, but no call so I guess he had to stay longer. Or, maybe I looked at the calendar wrong. I would have fixed a sandwich if I'd known he was going to be this late!

Jim picked me up around 7:30 for church. The guy that mows the lawn is going to fix the fence between my house an the neighbors. His labor will be 75, and he'll pick up the materials and I'll pay that as well. It's a stop gap until all of us want to change out the fence or I just get fed up with looking at ugly and just take care of it. I'd personally rather work in the kitchen, but that's going to take a professional!

My sewing room is just about cleaned up. Most of the school stuff is taken care of now. I need to decide where I'm going to put my water color stuff / paper stuff and fabric stuff that is staying on the shelves. I think I'm going to swap a couple things to make the flow better.

I'll get my hair cut tomorrow evening. Mike's off tomorrow, so it will be errand day. Bible Study is in a few hours. I guess I'd better find something to eat since it's looking like we won't have time to go out! Shoot!

Stay cool, we had a shower earlier. The sun's come back with a vengeance! It's been nice to have a few days in the 80s even with the rain!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KarenC View Post

Next weekend is my "Quilting with Confidence" 2 day training that Gammill is putting on. Looking forward to that. Did anyone else end up doing this? For some reason I was thinking Suzanne was thinking about it.
    Good evening Karen, I had signed up for it in September, but since we decided not to buy a LA, I cancelled. It was not an easy decision, but since I don't want to lose more space in the house to quilting, didn't buy LA. Also when I would mention it to quilting friends, it seems I was being asked to quilt theirs. I feel I don't have enough time for my own quilting, so no.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.