Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back from vacation

It was a pretty quick but fun-filled visit to California. We arrived Thursday evening and my son, Tim, from GA and two sons from NY had already arrived. John and Rob (the two from NY) and Rob's dog Auggie had driven across the country visiting National Parks along the way. What amazing pictures they had from their trip. Friday we just sort of caught up with each other and did some shopping for Steven's 40th, which was the reason for us all converging. Saturday was a HOT day! 106. The party was outside in a park but since the humidity was low and there were a lot of trees, it was not too uncomfortable. Plus we started the party at 11 a.m. and so everyone was on their way back home by the hottest part of the day at 2.

Steve and Ana pulled a fast one on all of us. They had an appointment for an ultrasound on 7/14 and they hoped to find out the baby's gender. However, they said that the baby was not cooperative and wasn't in the right position to give a good look at the defining area. While that was actually true, what they didn't tell us was that the technician worked with them for an hour to get the baby to move into the right position, not just for that reason but also for some measurements that she wanted (femur length and something else). Well, eventually, that little peanut decided to move into a position that the technician was able to get the right pictures. Of course, Steve and Ana didn't tell anyone that and halfway through the party, which included a wiffle ball game, Steven and Ana called for everyone's attention, wiffle ball game stopped, and Steve had Rob throw a breakable ball filled with chalk in it up in the air and he hit it and broke it to reveal PINK chalk! We are all very excited. They said it was so hard to keep from saying "her" when referring to the baby while they were around her family and us.

Steven, his brothers and his friends had a card game set up for Saturday evening so Charlie and I, Ana, Zeke, and a few other friends went out to dinner and to hear a Beatles cover band. It was a nice evening. Charlie and I also got to visit a couple times with my bff and her hubby and they came to Steven's party too.

John, Rob and Auggie left for the trip home on Sunday afternoon and Tim took the red eye back home on Sunday night. We didn't fly out until the red eye on Tuesday night so we had another couple days with Steve, Ana and Zeke. That flight really does do me in. It takes a whole day for me to get back on track. But it is the only direct flight on Jet Blue from Sac to NY. If we took an earlier flight, we would wind up traveling for a longer time by needing to change planes. Plus that gives us another full day out there. I think my body has figured out we are back on East Coast time now. LOL

So, that is what I have been up to since last week. I will be browsing the forum and catching up on what you all have been up to. Hope you are all well. I need to start picking out some "girl" fabric and add some things to my "To Do" list.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

2. Thanks Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Back from vacation

Welcome back to the forum it seems that your vacation has been very joyful and fun and has been with your children that is so wonderful, and you also know that you will have a GD, congratulations to parents and grandparents

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome home! Congrats on the pink shopping that will ensue.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're safely back home, had a wonderful trip, & got such good news about the baby.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an amazing time. How cool to find out about the babys gender.

I am going to San Jose August 14th to visit my daughter for a few days. She is a travel nurse, so it will be great to spend some time with her. I have not been out to Cali in a couple years so I am looking forward to this trip. I totally get you about the time difference. Plays crazy tricks on your mind.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a blast. Congratulations on the new granddaughter coming. Have fun shopping for PINK!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome home Ginny. Glad you had a wonderful trip and time spent with family and friends. Little girls are so much fun to sew for!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back and what's fun trip. Great memories and happy times with family. Congratulations on your GD. Oh I would enjoy shopping for lilac, purple and pink.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a great time.