Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attention Monique

Ok Monique I guess that got your attention!! I read your morning posts every day and you are very entertaining. But I just can't resist asking you some questions that I have wondered about numerous times. And please, don't hesitate to tell me none of your business. My feelings won't be hurt.
    1. Do you live in Canada?
    2. Do you work in various post offices?
    3. Do they allow you to sew while at work?
    4. Do you really get a 3 hour lunch?

Here in the U.S. I doubt any employer would let a worker sew on the job, and a 3 hour lunch?? (Well maybe if you are the President of the company!) But how can the P.O. close for 3 hours in the middle of the day?? I hope I didn't embarass you by asking these questions in public so to speak.

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Attention Monique

I'm not Monique, nor do I live in Canada. I don't work for the post office either.

However, there were times I took my sewing machine to work and sewed at my console! We were allowed at one time to do cross stitch, knitting, crocheting, etc. Then we got a new director who claimed those things all claimed carpal tunnel, and it was no longer allowed. Books and magazines only!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

1. Yes
    2. Yes, I work at quite a few different post offices. I go when and where I am needed.
    3. This one office is very small, most of the mail is delivered by the 'mailman'. Once the office work is done, there really isn't much to do. Yesterday I vacuumed the office, woohoo!! So I need something to keep me busy. My boss did see my little machine on the desk. She knows that her office is well taken care of. Customers can not see it from the counter but they know what I do, lol. I may only see one customer in a day. This particular office is attached to a church.
    4. Yes I really do have a 3 hour lunch at this one particular office. Not all offices have the same hours.

I hope this answers some of your questions.
    Last edited by Monique; August 2nd, 2019 at 07:07 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Moniqye, Thanks for answering! I am still totally shocked at your 3 hour lunch hour!!! Nice. Now we will all want to move to Canada, and not just to get as far away as possible from our leader DT.

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Moniqye, Thanks for answering! I am still totally shocked at your 3 hour lunch hour!!! Nice. Now we will all want to move to Canada, and not just to get as far away as possible from our leader DT.
    Not all of us Canadians get 3 hour lunch breaks.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndaj View Post
    Not all of us Canadians get 3 hour lunch breaks.
    Not all post offices have the same hours either. Each one is different.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!