Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Happy Thursday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Thursday!

What a difference a day makes. It is chilly this morning. My feet are freezing sitting here this morning. No humidity in sight and that is a good thing. But I am not complaining.

I had a great day and discovered why I had put off a project I had started. I ironed the fusible web to the incorrect side of some of the fabrics. Well I remembered a post here where someone (thank you) wrote to iron your incorrect piece onto aluminum foil. Well it worked, it all came off and I did it twice on some pieces. I was able to re-do it to the correct side. Now I have that wall hanging done and ready to be stitched down. WOOHOO!!

Today I will work on another wall hanging. And also today I am having lunch with my son. With a 3 hour lunch I can make into town and back. I am really looking forward to that.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Thursday!

Good morning,
    Another sunny day, and you never know what it will bring. I kept Maxime 6 & Cassandra 3 1/2 yesterday. Woohoo, I survived. We kept busy at their place in the morning, watering their small garden and de-weeding some. They played with chalk and water on the driveway after the park. I had to hose them down as they were covered. They liked that. Then we went to McD for lunch and ran errands for their mom. We came to our place and they played in the yard and painting under the pergola and then in the play room, and the day was over before you know it. We picked up my DD and I went to their place to help at dinnertime. DH brought me out for dinner, as he figured I had a tough day. I concked out shortly after 9.

Today I have nothing scheduled, but I will make a few small jars of spicy pickled beans and sweet garlic dill pickles. Other that, I will rest for sure. If I get energetic I will cut the fabric for a valence for my GF. Or maybe work on sewing some quilt blocks together. No real plans.

Enjoy your day. Stay cool. Stay dry and be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ I'm sure not liking these darker mornings. It's supposed to be in the 80's today, which will be a welcome relief from the 90's. A 60% chance of rain this afternoon.

I finally made it to the sewing room yest. afternoon & did piecing for almost 2 hrs. I started a new project using Tula Pink's "Pinkerville" LC that I recently bought from M* when it was the DD. I'm making 6.5" HSTs. I think I'll combine it with 4-patches for the Buckeye Beauty pattern. The blocks will be 12" finished. It felt good to get some sewing done.

I haven't seen any more raccoons in the yard since the other evening. The rabbits always are around -- usually 2-3 at any given time. The baby rabbit really is growing. As long as they stay out of the flower beds, I don't mind them eating the grass. Even with our chain link fence, it's impossible to keep them out of the yard. I saw where they dug under the fence so they could go into the next door neighbor's yard. They're able to squeeze through the narrow openings in the gates.

The new plantings of the perennials seem to be doing well. I hand water them every evening. I have lots of bulbs to plant later.

DH is ready for his breakfast, so I need to get on with my day.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I've got company this morning at the bird feeders, a blue jay and squirrel. There was a baby cardinal out there earlier. He was scared off by the squirrel.

I worked yesterday on the Biomes work. Last night I copied all the map parts that had the missing pieces and marked which piece I need cut. He has Howard's scroll saw, so guess who has to do the work. If he can get the pieces cut, I can get them sanded and painted. Hopefully before school starts. I was looking at the card work yesterday on line. I hope I won't have to buy a new set, but I will if I have to. I hope to hear from them today. I don't mind paying for the missing pieces.

I'll start white cane training in August. Fridays for 6 weeks. I have my pass for the bus and they'll pick me up and bring me home. I loaded the card yesterday, now to get it registered! Cross your fingers! It wouldn't work the other night when I tried.

Best get busy. It's over cast, so the perfect morning to paint the little patch job by the sliding glass door.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone Happy Thursday
    today has been sunny with a breeze
    we have returned from a wander by the water.
    wanderings were on wheels and it was rather funny, to experience.
    the pathway has a hide so you can see the wildlife without scaring them away aka a fence with holes left to look through, which was all good but the weeds needed trimming to see past lol to see the wildlife,
    sudden emergency stops due to tree roots lifting the path up, stopping motion,
    was scared by silent passing joggers appearing in blind spots then saying hello when right next to,
    the potholes making a very jiggly ride, deep gravel stopping forward motion,
    a very eventful time indeed, like a roller coaster of unexpected moments
    but not complaining it enhanced the trip, we laughed about all of it.
    hope your all having a great day
    T

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon! Today's temp is in the mid 70's so that will be nice. I'm sewing curtains for my DD's classroom. That should keep me busy all day. I'm glad to do it for her. She works so hard making the classroom inviting and happy. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Jeannette

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post