• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grey Lady
    The Guild President
    • Jan 2015

Serger: Anyone use Babylock Vibrant?

I'm in the market for a serger to use making slipcovers. I made a cover last year using the overlock function on my sewing machine. It took forever. So, this serger is simple, seems to do the job, and is $350. I'd appreciate any opinions, and if I should look at something else. Other than slipcovers, I don't think it will get much use. I don't do any garment sewing. Thanks folks.
    Diana Grey
  • cv quilter
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Serger: Anyone use Babylock Vibrant?

I have the BabyLock Enlighten. I really love it. I am very partial to BabyLock products. I have several. I think the Vibrant is a newer one than mine.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

I have had several BabyLock sergers. I never had one that cost $350, all were way over $1000. I would strongly advise test driving the machine with the fabric you intend to sew on. My machine sometimes struggles with upholstery fabric, which I often use in building costumes.

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2016

I have a Janome and I had originally purchased only for doing knit clothing for the granddaughters, I was struggling with sewing them on a sewing machine. I find I use it more with projects that are not clothes. If I am not going to quilt right after making the top, I serge around to keep the borders from fraying. I also serge sides of material that frays easily (flannels, denims, etc) before washing and drying. Someday I hope to make a serged double sided quilt as you go quilt.

Comment

Working...
        X