Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning All,

It's a beautiful morning here, just looking... I haven't opened the door yet. We've had a respite from the heat for a few days. Yesterday when Mike and I went to dinner, it was absolutely wonderful outside, in the 80s with a breeze, wonderful!

MIL called to see how Mike's first week at work went. lol, She's like the rest of us- why did you schedule orientation when you're not going to be there? I told Mike, I hoped it wasn't because of a family emergency. It was the only reason that made sense to me.

I sandwiched Steve's quilt last night. For something that was so flat, I'm having problems with one of the borders. I'm hoping once I get the middle taken care of, it won't wrinkle up like it is right now. I'm hoping to work on it a little at a time. I'm reaching that point where it's just too difficult to manage larger quilts. By the time I was finished, I was digging out the Advil.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning, Katrina & Everyone ~ Church this morning. I need to make a quick stop at Sprouts Mkt. on the way home. They carry a wide selection of bulk foods; it's where I buy raw peanuts.

Yest. I baked DH's 2 loaves of spelt bread. I alternated time in the kitchen with time changing the bed, vacuuming, etc. I hung the pillows out on the line to air. It was cloudy all morning. The sun didn't come out until after the pillows were brought in. We had sun mid-day; high temp. was 94.

Still haven't done any sewing, but my mind is always going about the next project, FMQ ideas, patterns, etc. I'm considering using the Buckeye Beauty pattern for Tula Pink's Pinkerville fabrics. The pieces will be large enough to showcase the fabric. I don't want to cut it up into too small pieces.

No more time this morning.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. I didn't do much on my day off yesterday. I did get laundry done, and we had visitors yesterday afternoon for a few hours. We all sat outside. Still no rain but the clouds are moving in.

Today I guess I will put the laundry away. Not sure what the rest of the say will bring just yet.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning.. yes, I made it here before noon today. I've been sleeping in as I am up late getting DD#2 taken care of.. She is having a really tough time with this round of Chemo.. Lots of pain and unable to get much done, except pain controlling. This drug she is on is terrible!! And wipes out her immune system.

It's been 3 year since she was diagnosed, and we still haven't reached remission. Hopefully we are getting closer to that stage.

It's been really beautiful weather here and I've enjoyed taking my "breaks" out back on the patio. Got my herbs growing in the raised beds and lots of flowers set up in the big pots..with a fountain, Too!!! My son came last week for a visit. He lives in Virginia and only get back this way every 3 or 4 years. So we headed out for a day of sight seeing and shopping for meat!! He does a great smoked salmon and pork shoulder (pulled pork). We had the whole week to get caught up on what's happening in his world.

I was gonna say how nice it is to get back to normal, but I'm not sure what My Normal is now... So lets just say, thank goodness for no drama & no emergencies. Just some time for ME!!
    Last edited by Granny Judy; July 28th, 2019 at 10:36 AM.

8. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It will be 92 here with not much humidity. We went to Home Depot yesterday and bought a new living room rug. After the pug’s illness and all the other animals, I wanted a new one. Today we plan on taking out the old ang putting down the new.
    I need to piece the back for my baby quilt. I am taking it to be quilted tomorrow.

Have a great day.
    Beth

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    I really slept in today. It feels good, although I was awake earlier from crazy dreams. I really need to keep my mind calm, or I could write 3 movie scripts. The worst of it, is that I usually remember them and offers insight into what I've done or saw in waking hours.

Yesterday I washed the front doors, chair and porch, as well as the patio door and side window in sunroom. It was driving me nuts to look out the garden through dusty windows. I made myself a lovely italian dish after watching a cooking show. I was going to save half for DH, but I ate it all. I cut fresh basil from the garden, and froze it with olive oil in cube containers. I also put the parsley I dried with chicken broth in cubes to freeze for use on winter months. There are more spices to prep, but I will do that this week.

DH went gliding all day and had fun despite the heat. I was sad to watch the news that 2 people were killed in a glider accident in Alberta. The tow plane somehow hit the glider after releasing the tow rope. This scares me, but I have to realize that these accidents are rare.

I finished quilting the log cabin hearts quilt yesterday, made binding and am half-way to handsewing it on. I am almost done quilting a crazy patch quilt for VQC that I sandwiched earlier this week. All in all, a productive and relaxing day in my happy place. After we had chinese food, we watch British Midsommer Murders.

Judy - I will Ray for your daughter. I cannot imagine seeing your precious one suffer and struggle with cancer.
    Enjoy your day. Stay cool and dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Big Day for great grand daughter Mariella who is 2 months old as it is her Christening Day. Wish we could be there but a trip to CA would be too much for DH and I. Grandpa, DS#1, is there as well as Godparents, so it will be a happy day for all. Can't wait to see the photos.

Warm out this morning and hoping it doesn't become another scorcher as I'd like to go out and do some shopping and have a nice lunch with DH. Burning our hands on burning hot doors, seat belts and steering wheel isn't fun at all.

14. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday was nice. We had dinner with DD and her fiancé. We sat outdoors and it was lovely, this was about 8pm Today is going to be hot; I just heard the AC kick on. Usually it doesn't run till about 3pm. Well, better go see what kind of trouble I can get into! Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Jeannette

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Whoo hoo! I spent some time in the sewing room yesterday.
    I even managed to put some thread through some fabric and make some seams! Let's see what I get done today.

Waiting for the last goat to deliver her babies. Ugh. I'm headed out of town on Wednesday and would like them born before I leave, but the momma is taking her own sweet time. She's due today, so there is hope.
    Hubby fell out of a tree yesterday, so he's moving slow today.

Y'all make it a great day! Hugs, Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon, believe it or not, I started this post around 6:30 this morning. Battery died on tablet and never finished, so here I am again. Yesterday was for visits. I di get some grocery shopping done in the morning before DD and GD got came to visit for a girls' day. IT's also nice to see them. After nap time we took DGD to the splashpad in the neighborhood. She had a great time. Hopefully, we wore her out for SIL who was on babysitting duty last night.

Today, amongst other chores, I have managed to sew the rows for a t-shirt quilt. Hope to get the rows together this afternoon and order fabric for border and backing. I need black fabric with white paw prints. I have two LQSs to check tomorrow to see if they have it before I place an order online.

Judy, praying for your daughter. This has to be hard to watch her suffer.

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post