Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thankful it's Friday

Good morning friends. Yes, thankful it is Friday. It has been a very quiet week. While I have been able to sew all day, it is still a long day.

Things just didn't start well yesterday. I forgot this and then I forgot that, and then I forgot more. Geez louise!! This apron I am working on is driving me nuts. The instructions are a little confusing and thankfully I have lots of fabric to play with. I cut more out AGAIN last night. Hopefully I can get it together today.

Not sure what the weekend will bring yet. I will be just glad that I don't have to get up and work.

Have a great day everyone and weekend to boot.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thankful it's Friday

Morning to all.....

Physical therapy regarding the work injury in June. My boss is getting "fed up" with how long the restrictions are taking. I personally, am fed up with her "bullying" me. My time at my current place of employment may come to a close and it can't come soon enough. Again, it just isn't the right fit for me; how I long to find a job that facilitates my skills and experience. It just doesn't seem possible in Vermont.

I have managed to create 13 of the 20 blocks in the Moda Bake Shop quilt along - At the Seashore. This summer isn't as fun as last years, due to many errors in the patterns. Many of the participants are doing their own thing and I don't blame them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MBS At the Seashore Blocks 1-13 2019 (800x489).jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	160034

I am looking forward to this day being over after 4 PM and finally have a weekend off (it's been over 6 weeks). Special thoughts and prayers to all of us that are struggling......
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

4. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Just a half day of work today, my sister and I are taking Mom up to the BMV to renew her state ID. She thinks we're taking her to see her sister. This is what the elder care counselor calls a "fib-let". I wanted to get Mom's ID renewed while I was on vacation, but my sister made the mistake of telling Mom that's what we were going to do. Mom had a meltdown of epic proportions and refused to go. If we don't get a new ID by August 5, we will have to take her birth certificate (no clue if we even have that) and all other sorts of proof of life. I am a little ticked at my sister, whom I trusted to take care of this earlier. One of Mom's banks won't accept my power of attorney if her ID is out of date. Of course it's the bank where most of her money is...

That same sister is going to absolutely love, love, love Jenny's tutorial today! Ever since Jenny and Misty did a facebook live last year that involved glampers, she has been crazy about them. I think this is the one, I remember they made curtains. The video starts at about the 3:30 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1mJlhzty1M

Sherri: I hope your injury is on the mend soon and you find the perfect job for you.

I'd better clean out the car and make room for Mom's wheelchair. Have a great day, everyone!

6. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I spent the morning in the kitchen yest. making DH's chicken soup. It made 14 qts. for the freezer. I'm always glad when that job is done; it's the most labor intensive of anything I cook/bake for him. In the evening, I put on my old clothes & did some weed eating & the usual hand watering. All the new plantings need daily water. The area where the lawn service took up the sod to fix the sprinkler system has to be hand watered twice daily.

Today is the memorial service at my church; I'll be playing the organ. I ran through my music on the piano yest. eve. I have arthritis in some of my fingers which is becoming problematic. I noticed my pinky finger, which is very crooked, was weak & hurt as it struck the keys. Gettin' older. There is a lunch reception afterwards. Then I'll need to make stop at Walmart for another Rx & get a couple items.

My M* order came yest. It took 5 days, the usual $5. shipping, which I thought was fine. I had ordered the DD of Tula Pink's Pinkerville layer cake last week. Now I have the LC, 2 charm packs, & a JR. I haven't decided yet what pattern to use. Any ideas?

We had 96 deg. yest. It's supposed to be just as hot today.

I'll be glad for winter weather when the skunks hibernate. One hour after getting to sleep, here came the stink again. Had to get up & close the windows. I was able to sleep for 3 hrs. before getting up & opening the windows again.

Enjoy the week end ahead.

8. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Well, my friends are back in Charlotte, they're tour of FL done. Quilt shops along the way are very happy they came! They visited Quilted Twins, Melinda had no idea about the shop and it's less than a mile from her step dad's house. I'm glad I suggested they go there, I ended up with a half yard pack of blenders- 16 pieces for $32 and they feel so good! Now I want to go there!

Yesterday we laid out the piece I have for Steve's quilt. lol, she suggested putting it on point. Love the idea, but too much math for my brain! I laid it out last night, and built up 4 of the 9 patches. I have my plan but I'll have to find some cream colored batiks. I don't have anything in my stash that's creamy enough. I couldn't believe it! while I'm out, I'll look for some backing fabric, too. I'd like to have the top finished by the end of the weekend. Which might be a challenge since Esther and Zeke will be here tomorrow.

Time to get Mike up and moving so I can get to Joann's when it opens. If they don't have anything, I'll have to go across town. Keep your fingers crossed!

Monique, Sherri, I feel your pain with poorly written directions. It's so hard when it feels like steps are left out, or measurements aren't quite right. Keeping my fingers crossed that things go better today for both of you.

Julie, I had to have my birth certificate and marriage license to get my ID in FL. because of that little star. I hope you don't have to go through all of that!

Have a great day! It's going to be a mad dash around here. Mike hasn't been called back to Office Max, orientation was a bust because the manager that was supposed to do it took a vacation day. They couldn't even sign in, because they have no employee ID numbers. He did enjoy his 3 hours there on Wednesday... other than getting drowned by the rains.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    Doing yardwork almost every day this week has left me stiff and sore. I even dreamt of bugs, Japanese beetles are back. Eeek. I think I will have to force myself and not work outdoors. I must have thrown a few neighbours in a laughing fit, as I reached to pull a weed from the tall grasses, I fell frontward. No injury except to my pride. Yesterday, I did laundry and ran errands to Costco, half for my DD. Dropped it off and had a visit with her. She has a summer bug.

I need to book a haircut and get a manicure as my nails are taking a beating from yardwork. I'm not certain what I will do today, but one thing is for sure, I need another cup of coffee to get going.

JulieC - I hope you get everything sorted out. It's not easy, but even more so when they get argumentative.
    Joy - I hesitated too long before ordering, but I really don't need more fabric. My little pinky has developed quite the curve and quite sore at times. I do soak them in hot wax when it's bad and it does help. I guess repetitive actions don't help my arthritic joints. I hope it goes well.

Have a beautiful day for yourself.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin all....

Been dragging along this week. Tackled too many big projects. Used a brush and bucket of suds to wash the entire exterior of the garage....looks great! Vacuumed, washed the truck and trimmed edged and cut the entire lawn.....I’m tired but happy everything looks good. Also happy I didn’t hurt myself! well, except for the usual aches and pains.

I have a birthday party for my gs this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Monique and Sherri - I too hate bad instructions. Takes me some time before I realize, it’s not me. I feel your pain.
    Julie, I Hope you’re able to pull off the switch-a-roo without a hitch!
    Joy, so sad about your hands....sigh, yup, old age. Hope that ole skunk goes on a trip and leaves you be.
    Katrina, I Hope you find the perfect fabric!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed weekend.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Our house seems so quiet without our pug. I have less housework since I do not have to washing pea pads 2 times a day. I did finish the hexagon baby quit. I had to stretch and iron pieces into submission. The pattern came from a British quilt mag.
    Now I have to find some backing fabric and get it to the quilters.

Have a good rest of your day. Beth

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there! I've been trying to redo my cabinets in my sewing room forever it seems. I want to clear out fabric that makes me ask myself "What was I thinking"? Some I don't want anymore. I also have asked my DH to make/buy some cubbies to go on my wall & incorporate a cutting mat/ironing surface. You know how it is. It's something all the time.

Hope everyone has a safe, cool, fun weekend. Take care of each other.

Gina

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi friends
    happy Friday / Saturday,
    its been another warm day, we were at 25 degrees C at 7 am, so we opened the fire door which has been out though out this warm weather, all the warm air was sucked up the chimney had a thunder storm lasting 1 hour, with stair rod rain beating on the roof, the rain refreshed the air, a few birds enjoyed the shower, the birds have been busy having dust baths before today's rain, the bees were busy in the patches of clover left in grass, before hiding, the butterflies have fluttered past the window on route to the flowering buddleia, a dragonfly was spotted hovering about the clover flowers
    having just read the linked now know they eat insects.
    have a great weekend everyone
    hope everyone feels better soon, hugs
    t

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post