• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Denise1162
    UN-Biased
    • Jan 2018

Re: Jelly roll for binding?

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
    I have been following this and I am confused. Are you talking about joining JR pieces to make a binding of multiple colors (like a piano key) OR cutting JR strips lengthwise to make a binding that is one color on the front and a different color on the back??
    Just taking different JR strips and joining them end to end

Comment

• Bernamom
      9 Patch Princess
      • Jul 2015

I do it all the time. I use up leftover jelly roll pieces, or ones I don't really like. Sometimes I sew them together on the diagonal, but usually just straight across each end.

Comment

• Snip Snip
        Missouri Star
        • Sep 2014

I like to use the left over jelly rolls and pieces for binding. If the pieces are less than about 15 inches, I don't try to use them, because there are just too many seams to contend with. I do sew them on the diagonal, so that takes up more of the length.

Comment

• purlewe
          Honey Bun
          • Jun 2019

I use Jelly Rolls strips for binding all the time. I usually have a couple laying around and I can always find something in my stash that will "go" with the quilt. If you want it scrapy you can cut them in half, but I usually leave them whole WOF and just let them be scrappy that way. FYI I started doing this a couple quilts ago, but every time I make binding I always end up with more than I need. I started keeping those and rolling them into a very large roll. When I need it I will have enough to finish a quilt with the Frankenstein monster binding I have had left over. I am about 20 inches away from a twin right now.
          I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort, where we overlap. ~ Ani DiFranco

Comment

Working...
          X