Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default remove fusible web

I mistakenly ironed 2 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of Barely There fusible web to the right side of my applique fabric instead of the wrong side. I've tried ironing over it with a scrap of fabric and it took some of the adhesive off but not all of it. Are there any products that will dissolve the adhesive without damaging the fabric, or any other suggestions of how I can get the rest of the adhesive off?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: remove fusible web

Sorry I know how to get fusible web off your iron but not how to get it off fabric without damaging the fabric. I hope someone else can help you.

Do you have enough fabric to just cut another applique shape? Probably the fastest solution.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a contact number on the packaging? They may have a solution-I'm sure it happens enough others have asked, too.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh No! I've done that and was not able to get it off. I looked at the fabric, and decided that, while the wrong side of the fabric wasn't as vibrant as the right side, I could live with the different effect it created. It worked. I knew I had no more of the fabric and didn't know where I got it so couldn't get more.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I found this on The Quilt Show's forum. The original poster said it worked for her. Good Luck!
    "I got this great tip from a magazine article, and it works! To remove fusible webb (from the front side of fabric), simply use a piece of aluminum foil, place it over the fusible webb residue, then iron over it with a hot iron (I also used the steam setting) the glue melts onto the foil and lifts away from the fabric. This was a last resort for me, as I had already quilted and washed the quilt, and the fusible webb still left a dull patch on the fabric. But, after using this method my quilt now looks as good as new."
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting tip Myrna. Thanks

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Myrna, thanks never heard of that, really good information.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know if this works.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MRoy View Post
    I found this on The Quilt Show's forum. The original poster said it worked for her. Good Luck!
    "I got this great tip from a magazine article, and it works! To remove fusible webb (from the front side of fabric), simply use a piece of aluminum foil, place it over the fusible webb residue, then iron over it with a hot iron (I also used the steam setting) the glue melts onto the foil and lifts away from the fabric. This was a last resort for me, as I had already quilted and washed the quilt, and the fusible webb still left a dull patch on the fabric. But, after using this method my quilt now looks as good as new."
    *If you decide to try this, use a scrap piece of fabric first that you put some fusible on wrong side.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Myrna, awesome tip. I definitely will try this. In fact, I think I'll try a scrap piece of fabric and iron fusible on the right side. Great tip. Thank you.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon