Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!!

Good morning friends. Yes, the humidity has left us but is expected to return by next week. It was a pleasant day yesterday. The post office was hot, having been locked up all weekend. I opened the windows and turned the fan on so it was pleasant in there.

Well I sat and sewed all day. It is a good thing I had brought a few projects with me as I didn't have all the tools I needed with me.

So this morning I will gather more tools and will spend the day sewing. And YES I do my work first and then sew when it is all done. No wonder I love working here, right?

So that is my day today.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!!

Hello everyone!

Monique, it sounds like you’re having a good time working! Enjoy it and the weather while you can!

Nice day here yesterday too. I didn’t do much yesterday.....tired and didn’t have energy to do much. Today I feel better. Not sure what to accomplish today.....lots to do!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all!

Yesterday I spent most of the day trying to figure out how to fix the mess I made. I pulled a jelly roll to make the Hip to be Square quilt. Unfortunately, I cut the sets backwards. I cut the long pieces on the strips I was supposed to use for the short cuts. Whoops! I have 16 blocks, so they're going to make a center square. I'm going to take the rest of the 6.5" strips and make a piano key border for the top and bottom. I'm taking 36 of the 2.5" squares and making the corner stones for the outer border. I was so mad at myself!

Mike took me to the grocery store. We didn't do too badly, we forgot on thing that was on the tiny 4 item list at home, but brought home a basket full of groceries. Today, the meat market will be open. We'll be going there, and to the long armers. My last day of going out whenever I want, since Mike starts his new job on Wednesday.

Time to get busy. I'd like to get the HtbS modified pieces all done today, so I can have the dining room table cleaned off before Cecelia and Melinda get back. I won't be able to finish it until the border fabrics arrive.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another wake-up at 3:15 with the skunk odor. Pee--eeew. In spite of that interruption, I slept better last night. We had 92 deg. yest. with a mix of sun & clouds. No rain.

The sprinkler guy is coming this a.m. I discovered the lawn was drying out in one area; when I tested that zone, I discovered a broken head. Probably damaged by the mowers. We run our system at night, so I don't observe the sprinklers. I tested all zones yest. to make sure there aren't any other problems. All seems to be ok. Always something to keep track of, it seems.

DS#2 is moving to our town! He's been living 1 hr. away. Now he'll be only 10 min. across town. This apt. opportunity came up, providentially it seems, and it's too good a deal to pass up, even though it means it will be further from his work. He plans to move the week-end of Aug. 2. I really feel like this apt. is answer to our prayers.

Yest. DH's dr. appt. went well. We have to wait for the lab results of his blood draw. I kept busy with laundry; I did 5 loads.

Katrina ~ It will be interesting to see how your "mistake" turns out. No one else will know it wasn't meant to be that way.

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Today is block 23 of the 100days100blocks challenge I am participating in. I will start cutting shortly. I am finding it oddly satisfying taking part in this challenge, having never done anything like this before.

Because I was lazy yesterday and had no help, today I will lay out the fabric for DH's tunic, mark, cut and maybe get at least started sewing.

Also need to unskew a fabric panel that will serve as the center of my second Spiderman quilt which has been commissioned for my tattooer's son. For a skewed panel, this is the least wonky I have seen, so I'm feeling more hopeful.

Spent some time yesterday drawing and attempting to figure out how to quilt the Quilts of Valour quilts I have to do. Originally was going to use a panto, but may do ruler work instead. However, using a ruler takes a long time. At any rate.

Have a great day peeps.

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Our heat has broken at last, but with 4 inches of rain since yesterday. Seems we are always at one extreme or another. It is cool at least! I think the rain will stop by noon, at least I hope so. We need to get out and buy a new washer and dryer. Mine are giving up after 20 years. Also need a few food items, and kitty needs to go the vet for a manicure. Her claws grow too fast! I could use one also! Best go see if the ark is being built near by. I don't want to miss it!

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Big hurricane strength storm blew through here last evening, it really pounded our house. At first glance outside looks OK but we'll really check the house and yards after breakfast. Still dark out and misty but there is a cold breeze which is very welcomed after yesterday's burning hot day.

DGD, her 2 sons, 3 1/2 & 1 1/2 , and her Dad, DS#2, were here yesterday afternoon for lunch, Thought I had made the house kid ready but the little guy came walking in the kitchen carrying 2 large china figurines from the living room and the big guy was busy cutting notepaper at my desk. Got out some trucks and that kept them happy but still active. Both DH and I took a nap after they left but we missed them as soon as they were gone. DGD said she'll try to stop by for a visit before they head home.

Next activity for me is to get some sewing done, it's past time to get some Christmas items going.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TUESDAY.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	160016

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the sniffles so did not go to exercise yesterday and am thinking about ditching today, too. That can be a bad habit. We will be gone next week so I had better pull up my bootstraps and behave. I also need to stop by the grocer and get a pedi today.
    I will make a peanut butter pie to take to a neighbor whose husband's funeral is tomorrow. So sad for the loss even though we had only met him twice he seemed such a lovely person.
    I also hope to get some tri-rec blocks trimmed up for a quilt I am trying to duplicate. I don't have a pattern, copying a picture so I hope what I figured for the block will work out.

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi friends
    am relieved to be here, took to my bed badly, whether it was a virus or bad side effects, we do not know for certain, all can say is, do not wish to re- live that again, am still struggling with various stuff, but you know its just great to be here

chatted with a stranger who came and sat next to me today, realised am lucky having heard the strangers recent life journey, have now gently suggested places to go, find information the stranger needs, so the stranger can improve a situation, have my fingers crossed things improve, will never know the outcome, but hope our passing moment did help.

weather wise we are in full sun, warm out, its nice but perhaps too warm for the wildlife.
    enjoy the rest of your day
    Hugs

18. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

I love this weather, warm but not scorching and a lot less humidity. I may do some yardwork while the cleaning lady is here. Then tonight we have a family dinner at a Persiano restaurant. I'm looking forward to that. Everything on the menu is delicious, and best of all I don't have to cook.

Yesterday spent the day running errands, banking and running virus scans on computer. I hardly use this new computer, as I am terrified of being hit with malware and ransomeware, as my previous one was. All my data, digital photos were lost. I did have some back-ups and disks with items I really want. Since I don't work and don't plan to work again, I have no need to have a résumé - YEAH.

Enjoy your day and the cooler, drier weather.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

20. Thanks Monique thanked for this post