Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It was a busy day yest. My son came at 9 a.m. & we started the yard work. He finished removing the grass/weeds from the flower bed by the patio. That took most of the morning. We amended the soil with 4 bags of garden soil. I sprinkled in some granular fertilizer, bone meal, & super phosphate; he mixed it in. A break for lunch, then we began the planting. We planted Penstemon, Phlox, & Cone Flower (Echinacea). There still is room for some low plants along the front edge, but I haven't decided for sure what I'll put there. Wow, it's looking 100% better. As soon as the flowers were in, a butterfly visited the Cone Flower.

The skies were darkening when my son left at 3 p.m. About 45 min. later the skies opened up with torrential rain. I'm so thankful it didn't hail! Denver had major street flooding in some areas with several rescues being made of people stuck in the high water in their cars. Traffic backed up. There is a chance of another thunderstorm this afternoon. At least the temps. cooled down. We had a high of 94 before the storm moved it, when it dropped into the 70's.

My friend Ann from Bible Study died yest. afternoon at the nursing home. She declined very rapidly this week. She told another visitor she wanted to take a vacation in heaven. She got her wish. It's a blessing she won't have to suffer any more.

After my son left here yest. p.m., he went by to look at a 2 BR basement apt. here in town. The rent is very reasonable. The downside: it would be a longer commute to work & there is no private entrance. He would have to go through the owner's house to get to the bsmt. However, he's known the family/owner for >30 yrs. And a surprise -- the apt. is furnished & no extra for utilities! He wants to sleep on it. Run some figures about the extra mileage to work, etc. before he decides. He really wants to get out of his current living situation as soon as possible. Stay tuned.

This a.m. will be church, then hopefully, a day of rest.

2. Thanks sewbizzy, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good morning joy,
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend Ann. It's not easy to watch older friends and family decline. I'm pleased that your son is able to help you. It sounds like a win-win.
    I see Katrina has also posted.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks sewbizzy, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is another hot day here. It will be 99 with real feel temps 108 +. I need to go and pick up a few things from the store. Then I plan on staying in and ripping out the triangles I sewed on my quilt blocks. I added a seam allowance, now they are too big. This pattern is testing my patience.

Have a good day .
    Beth

6. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy, I'm sorry about Ann, but what a vacation she will have!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon all,

A cooler day for us....only 75 for a high. Tomorrow it will get back into the 80's....not so bad.

DH and I went to church, then out for breakfast. Church is in the next small town, 10 miles away, and the restaurant we like to go to is another 10 miles down the road. So it makes for a nice Sunday drive. We both commented how the farmers' fields are looking really good this year.

I'm headed for the sewing room, DH went to the business to work on a couple of things, and then will head to the golf course. I work tomorrow, and then I'm off for a week. I'll head to the cabin Tuesday with the dogs, and the family will follow for the weekend. I haven't been there since the 4th of July, and I sure miss it.

Have a restful Sunday everyone.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy, so sorry for the loss of your friend Ann...I'm glad you got to visit her this past week
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown