Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning All,

It's a beautiful morning here, but it's supposed to be really hot. So, inside I'll be once home from church.

I'm envious of Melinda and Cecelia. They're in Dade City, FL visiting Melinda' s step father. Less than a mile from his house is Quilted Twins Quilt Shop. CeCe sent pictures. Mel called. They're going back, but they want me to go with them. lol, next time I will. When I talked to Melinda yesterday she was telling me all about it. A room filled with batiks... hundreds of bolts. The have an online store, too. One twin designs quilts, one twin runs the shop. It's definitely a family run operation. Sound familiar?

Yesterday, Mike and I drove over to Office Max. They wanted copies of his DL and SSC and he wasn't going to scan and email it. I went to Target while he took care of business. There's a lot of big box stores- Target, Michael's, Dollar Tree, shoe stores, several places to eat and another shopping center with more stores and restaurants across the street. Wednesday, he'll start 4 hours a day during orientation. Then the next week his real schedule will come out.

Found out mom's cousin, Steve Faires, (boy did I have a girl crush on Steve), has cancer. I've added him to my prayer list, the church prayer list, I'd appreciate if if you could add him to yours. It's a rare type of bone cancer, there isn't a cure, but a treatment plan has been started. He had his first chemo Friday, second should be on Monday. He has preexisting conditions that they'll have to keep an eye on, and there is concern that he won't be able to continue with the full protocol. I've found a jelly roll that I'm going to use to make a throw for him. Steve has a beautiful voice, he sang at my wedding, both of mom's parents funerals, and countless other family events.

That's about it for here. Stay cool and hydrated!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning

Katrina ~ We were posting at the same time.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    Katrina, sorry to hear about your mom's cousin. I'm happy to hear that Mike will be joining the work force.

It's still hot and humid, 90s+. I visited mom briefly and ran a few errands. When I got home I had a headache that never left me all day. I was drinking plenty of water but I don't take heat well. DH picked up his youngest son that used to live here. He has no a/c in his condo and it was high 90s, never cooling. He'll stay here the weekend. It didn't take long for me to be reminded of why he had to get his own place. I did go to sewing room and let the embroidery machine make a label I programmed. I was keeping an eye on it as I was quilting a design from template I pounced with pink powder. I got all corners and setting triangles done. Still need to do the interior blocks - have to ponder that some more. I also finished sandwiching a VQC quilt, next to go. I also cut 2 1/2" strips from the excess fabric from VQC. Many times the binding is pieced with colours from the quilt.

I will pick my first ripe tomatoes from my garden. I know many have been enjoying the bounty of their gardens, but our season starts later. My GF is back from her trip and needs to run errands. Her car wouldn't start, so she will call to get it towed to dealer, for car appt she has Monday.

Enjoy your day. Stay cool, stay dry and be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Another hot day, so happy we have central AC. DS#1 will be over this afternoon for an early dinner. Making yellow peppers stuffed with a bean mixture that we like, hope he likes it also. He'll fill us in on how he's doing putting up some crown molding in his bedroom. Glad he's updating his house as it's been about 6 years since his wife passed away. Although he'll never forget his wife of 35 years we're happy for him as he's in a relationship with a very nice woman. Off to the kitchen to get the day started.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUN.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	159995

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon all! Today started with some happy news - my DD and her longtime BF are engaged!! He took her to their favorite winery. He called ahead and they had a table setup with rose petals and champagne in the garden and he popped the question. They both sounded very happy when they called. My mind is in a flurry. I am so happy for them!

Jeannette

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post