• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • giig21
    The Guild President
    • Feb 2014

Press and seal for quilting

Hi all, I just saw a vid on using press and seal for marking the quilt ,but wait for it here is the dumb question, do you quilt over it like tissue or freezer paper?
    All the videos i saw show how they plce on quilt top but none go the next step and quilt.

Thanks for looking
    Gary
    Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: Press and seal for quilting

Yes. And not a dumb question.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• pcbatiks
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

I’ve used the press and seal a couple of times when doing big stitch quilting. I cut a curve piece of press and seal to use as a guide and quilted along side of it. Then I could just peel it up and move it to another spot.

Press and seal comes in handy for auditioning quilting designs on your quilt top. You can write on it.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• SuzyQue
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2010

I, too, have used Press and Seal in quilting. I have cut out designs and stitched around the edges to add fancier quilting designs. I have also stitched over it. It mostly tears, but I did have to use tweezers to remove tiny parts, too. For myself, I prefer the stitching around plan, but give both a try on a scrap sample and find your preference. It allowed me to quilt in some perfect intricate flower shapes that were identical from block to block that I would not have been able to achieve free hand. I was able to use each design multiple times and it repeatedly stuck. Good product! Cheap. Easy to access.

Comment

• giig21
          The Guild President
          • Feb 2014

Thank you guys, I'm off to the market to pick some up.
          Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Comment

Working...
          X