• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Here's hoping it won't be quite so hot today. Prediction is for the 80's, which will be a welcome relief from the 105 we've had the past 3 days. DS#2 is coming today again to work in the yard for me. I hope we can get that flower bed by the back patio finished. There's one small section of grass/weeds to remove. When I was out yest. I bought bags of soil conditioner to amend the soil & several perennials to plant in that space.

I bought the DD today. I already have a JR & 2 charm packs of Tula Pink's "Pinkerville" line. I had planned to buy some of the Fairy Dust Cotton Candy (white) yardage for backing, but just while I was browsing, it became unavailable! I guess it must be popular. I was hoping I was on here early enough to get what I wanted. Oh well. Maybe someone else has it. There's no hurry.

Time to get on with my day. Have a great week end.
  • baslp
    The Guild President
    • Sep 2012

Re: Saturday Morning Hellos!

Good morning. We will have a extremely hot day. They are opening up cooling centers for the homeless and those without air. I plan on staying home and sewing. The baby quilt is starting to take shape. Thank goodness for the internet. I needed a refresher course on how to sew triangles onto blocks.
    My DS is home for 1 1/2 days. Another friend turns 21. I hope to see him long enough to talk about his internship and living in NYC.

Have a good day and stay cool.
    Beth

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was hurry up and wait. I had JTA pick me up to go to my application interview for the 'short bus'. Picked up 45 minutes early, had the appointment and had to wait another hour for the bus to go home. I don't know how often I would actually use this service, obviously more often if I decide to go back to the allergist. It will definitely teach me patience. It will take them 2 weeks - a month to decide if I qualify or not. My acuity may knock me out of the program even though my range of vision is only 20% ish.

I've set up my stuff for Bible study, I haven't even started this weeks lesson. I've got to knock out 5 lessons today and tomorrow. We're on week 7. This summer is speeding by!

Mike starts his new job on Wednesday. He's still not gotten the email about where to go pee in the cup. He'll call on Monday to make sure it hasn't been forgotten. We've only found 2 red polo shirts, so I guess we'll be washing reds every night until the uniform shirts come in. I'm going to check at Beale's today, after that it's not worth the gas to try to find them.

I need to finish up the Garden Rose quilt. I have the borders to put on. I ordered backing fabric yesterday. I was disappointed they didn't have any of the fabric I put on Nana and Nandy's quilt left. It was beautiful, so I'm not really surprised it was out of stock,.

Time to get busy, I want to call my MIL this morning. I tried yesterday, but she wasn't home. Have a great weekend.
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Good morning,
        Oh, another hot day with heat advisories. It's tolerable in the morning, but by afternoon, it's a game to go from home a/c to car a/c to store a/c. I am happy that my GF's new a/c and furnace was finally installed on Thursday after many delays. Another friend & I sat there while the install was going on. She has been away on Alberta & BC where there has been hail storms, snow and nearly-missed tornado. Hopefully her plane will arrive safely as there is a t-storm warning today. She won't be pleased that her car wouldn't start. It was to go in the shop Monday, but my other GF couldn't get it started to let the a/c truck park in her spot. We will console her with wine and dinner. Another GF and family is returning today from a family reunion in Holland. There were over 225 people gathered from Canada, US, Europe and Holland. How wonderful.

It has been quite the week with mom. She has been getting calls starting at 5am. Of course she can't just let it ring and speaks to person, who is obviously collecting private information about her. She doesn't have the sense to hang up although she knows she should. I keep reminding her that I am never up before 8am and never call before 10am and not past 7pm. The bank she dealt with had a security breach across all branches and while they are trying hard to make good by monitoring, it may not be enough. She can't see the phone number of who is calling, so she just answers. She is bothered by the calls and this has increased her anxiety. I also had to speak to the doctor. A worker put my mom on the toilet and left her. My mom got weak and pulled the bell. First of all, she requires 2 persons to move her. They are concerned as she is NOT to be use facility as she has no strength in her legs. Luckily mom told me about it so they are taking this seriously. You cannot change level of care.

Quilt-wise. I delivered the baby quilt to my GF's sister for their niece. She loved it. I also added borders on a quilt top given to VQC. I just topped off to make it our required sie. I have laid it out and started pinning it. I usually spray baste but I am trying to avoid as I usually get a cough afterwards. I also marked another triangle with a quilt stencil with pink pounce on he log cabin heart. They are not perfect but it's getting done. I go from one table to another. It was nice to be in basement where it's even cooler than upstairs.

Enjoy your weekend. Stay cool, stay dry and be safe.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Ginny B
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Good morning. Going to be pretty hot here through the weekend. Hubby went out at 5:30 and watered. I never even woke up. Lol. I do have some annoying, prickly weeds I want to pull out today and luckily, it's in a shady area so I'll see if I can get that done.

Yesterday was a busy and fun day. We went to the beach in the morning. It was very nice. Perfect breeze and Not too hot at all. But the ocean was pretty rough. I guess the remnants of Barney are churning things up as he left our shores. Then last night we babysat Tessa and Henry. Kathryn and Joe had a wedding to go to.

Ds #'s 1 & 2 , Johnny and Rob, left for California on Thursday evening. They sent us all their itinerary of where they will be on what day as they travel across country. Plus, they have sent us a link so we can track them on Google. It's fun seeing what they are passing on each day. I noticed a quilt shop yesterday and asked why they didn't stop. Lol They went to a place called Serpents Mound yesterday. Very interesting place. Today is mostly just a travel day for them and then they will be stopping at a lot of National Parks. We will all meet up on Thursday in California. They say that Auggue, Rob's dog, is loving the trip. He is a good traveler.

Ok, Time to do a little something outside....and I do mean a little. Keep cool and safe everyone.
          Last edited by Ginny B; July 20, 2019, 08:06 AM.
          Ginny B
          Levittown, NY

Comment

• TMP
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2014

I 'm not woke up good this morning . The grandkids and I went to Gulf Shores for 3 days. They are 12 and 7 and it went better than I expected. No fusses! We shopped for school clothes while we were there and had our fill of sea food. The last few weeks haven't been great sewing weeks for some reason. Something keeps stopping me. I am trying to finish up quilts for the VA families who stay over night with family members on hospice, then I am going to sew something for me. Have a wonderful day and stay cool!!
            Teresa
            Pelham, Alabama
            War Eagle!!!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

Wow, it is hot. We had a small t-Storm and some rain but there are severe warnings all around us, even a tornado warning less than an hour away. Thankfully it's moving away from us. My step-son is here for the weekend and maybe Monday to cool down. He has no a/c in his condo and even with fans it has Bben extremely hot. So he's back in his old room. I have told him that he is a guest but there are rules. I'm not the maid.

I finished sandwiching a VQC quilt. I also did all the stencil work on another quilt. I'm not very good at it, but i know I will improve with practice. I just need to figure out how to quilt the log cabin heart blocks. I also made a long message label for a friend's quilt.

Hope everyone is safe and have a good evening.
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
              X