Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Overwhelmed newbie

Welcome from Colorado. We're a friendly bunch here. Feel free to ask your questions. We'll help if we can.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from NM, I've been quilting for 15 years. Always learning. My go to pattern is yellow brick road. I've taught many including my daughter with that pattern. Greetings and good luck

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jo,

Welcome from PA. I am fairly new myself and don't sew near as much as I would like to. Everyone here is so helpful and they produce the most amazing creations. I doubt I will ever get as good as they are, but I would like to. I mentioned to my husband the other day that when someone gets one of my quilts/projects they are truly getting an original because no one can duplicate as many mistakes as I make. Doesn't matter though they all come from the heart and are stitched with lots of love. I truly enjoy viewing everyone's work and reading their posts. They are always here when you need them for assistance. Enjoy the forum!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from Southern New Jersey. Love this forum and learn something new almost every day.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Jo and welcome from another in Canada. Hope you enjoy the forums and quilting . When I first started here ( not too long ago ) it took me a week to tour all the galleries of quilt pictures, I loved it.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the group and to quilting.

In response to your comment (potholders and table runners don't count)... they most certainly do count. Don't feel that you're not a quilter because you haven't made a quilt yet. You will get there. No pressure.

I have been quilting for 16 years and for me it was pretty daunting at the beginning. I definitely did not understand any of the terms, had a first teacher who didn't take the time to explain a lot of the terms, was terrified of sewing machines thanks to my grade 7 Home Economics teacher (she was a piece of work), didn't own a sewing machine yet, etc. I didn't have the circle of friends you have.

At any rate, feel free to ask questions and welcome to the quilting journey.