Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default My summer has screeched to a halt

In a few days my bedroom, which is being renovated, will be ready for me to prime and paint. Then a new floor. I'm so excited, because I love to do this.
    Last night however, I choked and stopped breathing. I had enough sense to get to my daughter before collapsing and she did a Heimlich maneuver...several times. From what I'm told there was general panic among people and dogs. I was carted away in an ambulance with lights and sirens.
    I'm OK now, but in the process of all that, two or three ribs were broken. You know how in an adventure movie, the hero breaks ribs and then gets up and right back into the game? Nope, not a chance. I can't even open the dishwasher door.
    So no drywall work, or sanding or painting, at least until I can take a deep breath without turning white. On the good side, no cooking or cleaning or mowing or weedwacking or scrubbing floors or laundry etc. And the best of all, I can't wear a bra...the underwire sits right on a break. I think I'll watch all my Craftsy classes and then get organized as to what quilt projects will be in what order.
    Wish me luck...I have a feeling I'm going to be bored out of my mind in short order.

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews, toggpine, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My summer has screeched to a halt

Oh no, Barbara! I'm so sorry to hear of your misadventure. What caused the choking? Thank goodness your daughter was near.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear there was help when you needed it and you weren't alone. Wishing you a full recovery.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh, what a horrible experience. I'm glad that you're ok and pray for a speedy recovery.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Barbara what a scary experience, make sure you really take it easy . I was going to send you a big hug but I don't think even a cyber hug is a good idea at this time. Feel better soon.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
    In a few days my bedroom, which is being renovated, will be ready for me to prime and paint. Then a new floor. I'm so excited, because I love to do this.
    Last night however, I choked and stopped breathing. I had enough sense to get to my daughter before collapsing and she did a Heimlich maneuver...several times. From what I'm told there was general panic among people and dogs. I was carted away in an ambulance with lights and sirens.
    I'm OK now, but in the process of all that, two or three ribs were broken. You know how in an adventure movie, the hero breaks ribs and then gets up and right back into the game? Nope, not a chance. I can't even open the dishwasher door.
    So no drywall work, or sanding or painting, at least until I can take a deep breath without turning white. On the good side, no cooking or cleaning or mowing or weedwacking or scrubbing floors or laundry etc. And the best of all, I can't wear a bra...the underwire sits right on a break. I think I'll watch all my Craftsy classes and then get organized as to what quilt projects will be in what order.
    Wish me luck...I have a feeling I'm going to be bored out of my mind in short order.
    I don't remember the last time I wore a bra when I wasn't in the public eye and couldn't wear layers. Benefits to living in the boonies.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you are going to recover! That was quite a scare for sure.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness your daughter knew what to do even if she was a bit heavy handed in her delivery. Better for a pause in the proceedings rather than the alternative. It could have been much worse for you all.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quite a scare! So glad you got the help you needed. Best wishes for a quick and peaceful recovery.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Idk how long broken ribs take to heal but you are lucky to be alive!! Yes it's frustrating that you can't paint and set up your sewing room but overall I would say that's a small inconvenience. I wouldn't mind no cooking, cleaning, gardening etc and I especially wouldn't mind not wearing a bra! Keep us posted on how you are doing.