Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My summer has screeched to a halt

I'm sending prayers for a fast healing....my husband has some cracked ribs from a procedure a month ago and is still sore....you are very lucky...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Barbara.... I too wish you a good recovery and rest. 3 summers ago I fractured some ribs so I know how you are felling right now. I was hanging flowers with a step stool, out on my deck. The hook over the porch swing was easier to reach if I stood on the swing. I did the very thing I would tell anyone else not to do. The swing tilted and threw me out and I hit the side of the house , then swing came back around and clocked me one. Had it been a comedy I would have laughed myself sick. Pure stupidity on my part. My little dogs sat on the deck next to me till I got up to call my husband to come home. The dogs are black but for a few moments it looked like they turned white with fright, lol. Seriously tho it does scare dogs a lot when you get hurt. Fractured ribs really hurt. I spent the rest of the summer watching all the seasons of 3 and a half men. Laughing isn't really a cure. I do wish you a speedy recovery and a much quieter summer . It's wonderful your daughter was home, and that she saved your life. May the gods bless and watch over you and your family.

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Wow— what an experience. What did you choke on? Take it easy and let others help you.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Barbara, so sorry to hear this, but very happy that you are still with us.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness. I'm just now reading this. What a scary experience. Glad you're going to be ok after a time of rest & healing.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Barb!

I'm so sorry about your experience. I hate your summer plans are being rescheduled! Prayers for speedy healing! Enjoy your craftsy classes. It will be a great time to get organized for some simple crafting.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Glad you are all right and help was there. Best wishes for healing fast.
    Heather

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear that you are having to rest. i know you don't want to, but you must. no dry walling or much of anything for a few weeks. Do not rush it. I keep seeing commercials for meds with side effects of breathing problems. swelling of the throat isn't anything to ignore. i do feel for you. i have spasms that stop my breathing. i cough like a crazy woman but always come out of it. so far without help. My Doctor said if i did faint, i would be fine. He says! falling is hard too!
    keep your feet up and ask someone for more Iced tea!! and chat with us! that is all girl.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hope your ribs heal quickly and you're back at your remodeling project. In the meantime, rest and relax. Glad the situation was not worse.