• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

WIP - July 19-25, 2019

Kicking off this week's thread. I hope that everyone is keeping cool, dry and safe. I saw that 130 Americans are under heat advisories, and not to mention a good number of people around the globe as well, Canada and Europe. Phew! For those of us lucky enough to have air conditioning, this is where I will be spending time.

I have to say my only finish last week was the baby quilt and label. I did learn something using the embroidery machine. 1) the fabric needs to be correctly set up in hoop, not upside down as I did. 2) skip using embroidery threads, this machine does not like them. I switched to Glide thread that I use on my sit-down LA and it worked beautifully.

I hope to tackle UFOs sitting in plain view.

What project do you plan to work on this week? Are you keeping up with your UFOs?
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.
  • shermur
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

Re: WIP - July 19-25, 2019

This is what I have worked on the past two days......Blocks 9,10,11 - Moda Bakeshop At the Seashore Quilt Along

MBS Cruising the Outer Banks 07.2019 (800x725).jpg

MBS Oh Buoy 07.2019 (800x703).jpg

MBS Summer Sun 07.2019 (800x735).jpg
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Claire Hallman
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

I plan on finishing the fmq on a quilt I don't really like today. There are just one and a half borders left to quilt, I might even get the binding put on it and hang it in my breakfast room to replace the Christmas one, lol. The Christmas one isn't really obviously Christmas unless you look very,very close and find the holly fabric. If I get it done I will post a picture.
      I am ready to start something new, maybe stitch on a couple of things I have cut and ready for next week's mini retreat.
      Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• DeniseSm
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2013

I completed the applique on Peace Seeker and came up with a creative solution for my little border boo boo. It is still in five separate pieces but I should be able to complete it tomorrow.
        100_5094.JPG

After I clean up my sewing room I am going to do a simpler quilt with no matching points next! Either Jennys Diamond Pavers with a layer cake or Sunshine Lattice with butterfly and or dragonfly fabric from my stash
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• minipinlady
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2018

Denise , your Peace Seeker is absolutely gorgeous.
          I am presently working on a small quilt for my brother Carl who drives an 18 wheeler, for the bed in his truck. One side is blue assorted charms with white decorative stitching. I am hand quilting the reverse side with Canadian prints and autumn colors. The temps outside are 38C ( 100F ) so air conditioning and quilting sounds like a good day to me. Hope every one is doing well .

Comment

• Anitamae56
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
            I completed the applique on Peace Seeker and came up with a creative solution for my little border boo boo. It is still in five separate pieces but I should be able to complete it tomorrow.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]159981[/ATTACH]

After I clean up my sewing room I am going to do a simpler quilt with no matching points next! Either Jennys Diamond Pavers with a layer cake or Sunshine Lattice with butterfly and or dragonfly fabric from my stash
            That is breath taking , beautiful!! Looks like a lot of hard piecing your work is always awesome !!!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

Denise - your quilt is beyond words. So beautiful and perfectly executed. I say this because you did find a solution for what you call your boo-boos. It's what counts in the end. You should be very proud.
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                I plan on finishing the fmq on a quilt I don't really like today. There are just one and a half borders left to quilt, I might even get the binding put on it and hang it in my breakfast room to replace the Christmas one, lol. The Christmas one isn't really obviously Christmas unless you look very,very close and find the holly fabric. If I get it done I will post a picture.
                I am ready to start something new, maybe stitch on a couple of things I have cut and ready for next week's mini retreat.
                Here is the picture, probably sideways.IMG_0848.JPGIMG_0849.JPG
                Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• DeniseSm
                  Missouri Star
                  • Nov 2013

Made my first test block for Sunshine Lattice using fabric from my butterfly fabric stash. I wanted to make sure the background material would work before I cut up three yards of fabric. Looks good to me.
                  100_5126.JPG
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• shermur
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2013

Blocks 12 and 13 - Moda Bake Shop At the Seashore quilt along, Summer 2019

MBS Block 12 Beach Hut 07.2019 (790x800).jpg

MBS Block 13 Melt 07.2019 (800x693).jpg
                    Sherri

Comment

• jjkaiser
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2013

Shermur that is really cute and I can't wait to see the whole thing! Is that paper pieced?
                      Jocelyn
                      South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• shermur
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                        Shermur that is really cute and I can't wait to see the whole thing! Is that paper pieced?
                        jj....the ice cream block was paper pieced. The rest of the blocks were not....and thanks for the encouragement. The quilt along with Moda Bake Shop last year was much more enjoyable. There has been many errors in the publication of this year's quilt along.
                        Sherri

Comment

Working...
                        X