• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Friday has arrived!!

Good morning friends. It promises to be hot hot hot in the next few days.

My day yesterday went well. I was early for my MRI and they took me early which was nice. At least we got home at a reasonable hour. I did some shopping in there and bought some clothes for Les, Maizyn and myself. I also got Maizyn some school supplies.

I work today and have a project to take with me, a table runner that needs the remainder of the binding sewn on.

Tomorrow will be a busy day as well, I will be selling tickets at an event in the afternoon. I hope it isn't too hot out.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: Friday has arrived!!

Last edited by Star lover; March 12, 2022, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ What a busy day of errands I had yest. I left right after my breakfast. First stop was the nursing home to see Ann. She's declined a lot since I saw her on Sun. I'm not sure she knew me. I didn't stay long. Then to Walmart; I had a long list. I made a stop on my LQS. The owner has acquired additional space from the empty unit next to hers; she now has a separate space for her classroom. Much more space to expand the area of fabrics. She also had an area where she's displayed her own collection of vintage sewing machines. The newly acquired area still is a WIP, but it's going to be so nice. My only purchase was some needles for my DSM.

A quick lunch at Wendy's; with my frosty "key" I can get a jr. bacon cheeseburger & the frosty for only $2.70. Then it was on to 3 other stores & the post office. I got home at 2:30; DH helped unload the car & put things away. I took it easy the rest of the day. I waited until 8 p.m. to go out & do the hand watering. It still was 88 deg.

Today I need to run over to Home Depot for garden soil & lawn fertilizer, then browse the garden shop for perennials for this flower bed by the patio. I decided to re-do the whole thing. I'm hoping DS can come again tomorrow to work in the yard.

Yest. we had 105* -- hot, hot! Today another 100 day, then a cool front is coming in Sat & Sun. It will be a welcome relief.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2014

Good morning all,

Yesterday was work. I think it's my least favorite day of the year....inventory day. The store has an inventory group that comes in to do the actual "counting", but it's a lot of standing around, don't move anything, don't put anything away, etc. So, it was a long day. This year's workers did a pretty nice job, though, things were put back quite neatly,

Plans were to head to the cabin for the weekend, but turns out DS #1 and family have a baptism to attend on Sunday, and DH says he has a lot to do at work (business we own). Since I work again on Monday, I don't feel like making the 4 hour drive by myself for just the weekend. I will go next Tuesday and stay for the week. I think the family will show up for that weekend, but I'll have a couple of days of solitude, which I enjoy.

Monique, I hope your MRI results are good.

Have a blessed day everyone,

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

Good Morning All.

What a busy week. My computer died (well, the ability to get on the internet died), I ordered a computer and printer on Monday, Jim and Morgan's drier died (again) Monday, Melinda called Monday evening- she and Cecelia would be here Tuesday. So a mad dash to clean house on Monday night and Tuesday morning. Mike had a job interview on Monday! It was fun having friends from home here for a couple of days. They'll be staying another day or two before they leave Florida. Sometime next week, they'll be back.

Melinda brought her new fur baby Jo Jo. She's doing well on her potty training. I'm glad of that! It's funny, we have one of those kiddie gates for Pepper, JoJo scoots right under it. We ended up putting the book box in front of the gate to keep her in the kitchen.

The GSD1a test is officially over, so there was a huge celebration at UConn at the first of the week. Jerrod is officially cured. New studies are underway to develop a delivery system that won't take an infusion. The study was for adults, but it won't be long before they'll be able to use the technology for children. What a blessing it will be for parents! Jerrod will be going to Houston and Miami to speak. He's been invited to Mexico and the Netherlands, too. He's anxious about all of the celebrity aspects, people knowing him when he's out in public is nerve wracking for him. He's also afraid of getting a 'big head'. I told him, I'd take care of that! He laughed, and agreed his normal, "I know, right?"

My sewing room is a disaster, Jim dumped all of the computer stuff in there. I guess, it's my job to clean up after him again. lol, I won't complain, too much since he helped me get everything together. I need to get all of serial numbers and registration information taken care of before Mike breaks down the boxes.

There was an implosion this morning. I wish I'd known that was going to happen. I heard it! It made the house shake, and sounded like thunder but not a cloud in the sky! It did make me stop watching a you tube to go investigate. I guess if they hadn't put it on the news just a few minutes ago, I'd still be wondering what was going on!

Well, time to get busy. I have an appointment with JTA Connection to get transportation set up for me. Mike is going with me today. Then we'll shop around for his red polo shirts for work. We found 2 yesterday. I'll get him a couple more until the real shirts come in.

Have a great weekend!
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• MRoy
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2011

Good morning from hot, humid Kentucky. The heat index will be over 100 today...a good day to stay inside with the AC. DS and grands are currently visiting. They'll be here until the 27th. They've been doing some sort of activity each day...swimming, movies, go carts, etc. Today may be movies at home due to the heat.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Working...
            X