• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Thursday hellos!!

Good morning friends. I had a great day yesterday. I finished a SS gift and was able to get another cut out. The day didn't seem to be as hot as the previous day but I did close curtains and windows. By later afternoon I opened up the windows, there was a lovely breeze. The house is nice and cool this morning.

Today we are on road as I have an MRI scheduled for tonight. A few errands to run at the same time.

Work tomorrow so I will need to figure out what project I am taking with me.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Re: Thursday hellos!!

Hi, Monique ~ I knew it! We posted at the same time. LOL

Comment

• Monique
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by JCY View Post
      Hi, Monique ~ I knew it! We posted at the same time. LOL
      That's ok I am late this morning. And good morning to you.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Ginny B
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Good morning. It's going to be a hot and humid few days here. And boy did we have some intense tstorms last night. It was constant lightening flashes for a while.

Yesterday I finally finished the window aeat cushion for a former co worker. She didn't want to keep the old cover so I was able to take it apart and use it as a pattern. I adked her to bring me the actual cushion so I could fit the new cover on ot. The xorners are always a bit tricky for me. Well I never layed the old cushion cover piece on top of the xushion to xheckbifvthey were the same size....why would I right? Well they werent. Somehow the cushion cover piece was actually 6" shorter than the cushion! How that can be, I have no idea. Somewhat luckily I hadn't added the bottom cover piece on yet sot it wasn't totally sewn together. I was layingvthe top part on before that last step just to check the corners, boxing, etc. I couldn't believe I was 6" too short. That's when I went and got the original cover piece and layed it on and the one I made was the exact size si U knew I didn't somehow mess up my cuts. A lot of time was spent with the seam ripper undoing the parts on the ends so I could insert the proper size piece. It was already pieced since the fabric wasn't wide enough to do it in one piece. Oh, and did I mention it's a stripe. So, after a lot of sweating, making more boxing and cording, a few pirate words, it was all complete and it fits perfectly and the stripes match. Since there is no a/c in my sewing room, I was determined to get this monster finished before it got even hotter. Ugh!

Today, I will clean up my sewing room and maybe cut some pieces for the next block of The Farmers Wife.

Keep cool everyone dealing with this heat . Drink lots of water.
        Ginny B
        Levittown, NY

Comment

• Bubby
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

Good Morning...Ginny, what a nightmare of a project. So glad you got it done.

We are under a heat advisory for the next few days. Dottie has to go to be groomed this morning but other than that we will stay indoors as much as possible.

I just put a roast into the crock pot and won't have to worry about cooking anything other than potatoes and a salad for dinner.

I have to make another wedding clutch bag as soon as my daughter makes her decision about her dress.

I'm off to the groomer with Dottie....have a great day everyone and watch the heat.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Good morning,
            Somehow the humidity lifted by mid-day so DH & were able to sit under the pergola. There was a nice breeze. Do you think I can sit still -- no I started picking weeds in the nearby flower bed, then used the rain barrel water to water the pots and fill the bird bath. Next thing you know, I am sweating. There's just so much to do in the yard, all the time, I can't seem to sit and relax.

I spent the morning making the label for the baby quilt. Unfortunately I had problems. Since they practically wanted a chapter written, I had to use a smaller font which kept bunching up, and the thread broke or shredded. It took close to 3 hours. I realized I didn't attach the fabric correctly to the hoop. Argg. When it was done, I discovered the fabric I used was more beige than white and looked awful on the back. So back to computer, using the largest hoop we have and a different font. I also decided to use Glide thread instead of embroidery thread. WOW - breeze and beautiful. This will be my go-to thread for embroidery, and I have lots of it. Today I will hand sew it.

My stye is getting smaller and less painful. The ointment and compresses are helping.

Another scorcher day, so I may escape to sewing room, but I will have to wear socks and hoodie.

JeanSewingMachine - I read about the donated sewing machines that you received for senior's group. Fantastic and generous gift.

Enjoy your day. Stay cool. Stay dry and be safe.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
            X