• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillNye
    Administrator
    The Guild President
    • Feb 2009

Beta testers needed for new MSQC Shipping program

Hey everyone, we need your help. We’ve got a new program we’re super pumped on we’re calling Missouri Star + (Missouri Star PLUS)

We have (you guys had first I think) this idea of building the Missouri Star version of amazon prime, our operations are shipping things out faster than ever and are finally (FINALLY) hungry for more things to ship, so we went to the drawing board to figure out what an amazing shipping program would look like for our customers.

We’ve sent out some emails to invite a few (like a thousand or two of our customers) folks into the beta, but wanted to offer the beta program to you guys because, well, you’re my people. No one can rip into, twist, pull, and play with a new idea of mine like you, so I made sure we could throw it at you in case any of you wanted to try it out and give us feedback to make it great before it goes to the world. So please don’t share, but If you’d be down to dive in, email [email protected] with FORUM BETA TESTER in the subject line and then which option you want to try (and a note on why it's the best one maybe?) in email and I’ll get you an invite sent out. We only have room for maybe 50 or so invites, so it’s first come first serve, don’t be mad.

Here’s the options, each is an annual subscription -

OPTION A
    Free standard shipping
    $50 Machine quilting credit
    $50 In town credit for when you visit Hamilton
    A free Jenny on the Road ticket for when she gets to your area
    Unlimited access to all digital versions of the BLOCK magazine
    the cost for this is $99

OPTION B
    Free 2 day shipping
    $50 Machine quilting credit
    $50 In town credit
    the cost for this is $149

OPTION C
    Free Standard shipping
    $100 Machine quilting credit
    $50 In town credit
    the cost for this is $129

note - we have a minimum order size of $25 for an order to get the free shipping, this shipping stuff is expensive
    --------
    The plus program has a bunch of other features and perks, but these are the big differences we're trying to decide on and see how people use it.

Let me know your thoughts!
    Al
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Re: Beta testers needed for new MSQC Shipping program

Hi, Al ~ I just saw your post. Since I'm a conservative shopper & really trying to "shop" my stash, I would not use any of these 3 options. My buying noticeably has slowed down the past couple years. I'm usually not in a hurry for items even when I do order, so I would stick with the $5. or $7. shipping fee. I've never been an Amazon Prime member. I don't order often enough to justify the added expense of a membership.

Comment

• auntstuff
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2017

I don't even do it for Amazon, not doing it here either. WAY too much money.
      She who dies with the most quilts is......
      Still dead.
      What's your hurry?

Comment

• Caroline T.
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2016

My guess is that all of us who have long arm quilting machines, or prefer to FMQ with their domestic machines, or those that only hand quilt are gonna say thanks but no thanks.

Wonder what percentage of the forum members that covers?

Comment

• jjkaiser
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2013

I really appreciate the offer and commend you for coming up with this new program but I wouldn't use it either cause I do my own quilting. I wish you good luck though!
          Jocelyn
          South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• auntstuff
            Missouri Star
            • Nov 2017

Yep. I hand quilt mine. Besides, I have about an average of $40 discretionary money a month, so It would NOT be at all cost effective. I like to spend some of that on a few used books, and maybe new pair of shoes one day.
            Still dead.
            What's your hurry?

Comment

• grammaterry
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2015

I too, do my own quilting as the expense is more than my budget will bare. I also wouldn't feel like I had made it. This was not true before I became involved with my forum friends. We do thank you and hope it works out.
              success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
              Terry of NC

Comment

• The_Last_Unicorn
                Batting Beauty
                • May 2016

Two day shipping sounds the most attractive. The fee breaks down to a little over $12 a month. If you compare it to the $7 expedited shipping option (not 2 day, but at least same week delivery), then you'd need to order at least two or three times a month to consider that a savings. My Prime subscription costs about the same, but I get Prime Video in the bargain and I use it more often since they sell everything.

I imagine free shipping days are about to become very rare?

Maybe bundle in a Block subscription or a free mystery charm pack once a quarter. Lots of ways to incentivize a shipping subscription.

Comment

• BillNye
                  Administrator
                  The Guild President
                  • Feb 2009

I'm curious how you all are approaching the math on this. In my head if we gave you a big chunk of the money back in the form of machine quilting, it's pretty much a wash then you also get free shipping (take the $100 in machine quilting for $129 for example).

The last unicorn, you look at it strictly as the shipping where you'd need to break 1.3 orders a month to make it worth it from a shipping standpoint, if you had the machine quilting credit, would you not use it? Should we try to build a program that ONLY offered shipping discounts and not other perks?

Comment

• auntstuff
                    Missouri Star
                    • Nov 2017

But those of us posting don't WANT the machine quilting, so that won't wash.
                    Still dead.
                    What's your hurry?

Comment

• Grey Lady
                      The Guild President
                      • Jan 2015

while I love M*, I haven't used it much lately because the shipping took too long. But 2 day shipping thrills me. I would not use the machine quilting, but other perks would be of interest. I've been a Amazon Prime member for a decade, and love the service. And I don't even watch the video, lol.
                      Diana Grey

Comment

• Caroline T.
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jun 2016

I know that MSQ quilt ALOT of quilts every month, but the point that we here in this forum that have replied are saying is "that is not a perk for us, as we quilt our own quilts".
                        That's not to say your other customers wouldn't appreciate that perk, but for many of us in this forum, that perk is not one that we would benefit from, so it might as well not exist for us.

Comment

• The_Last_Unicorn
                          Batting Beauty
                          • May 2016

A machine quilting credit would encourage me to try the machine quilting service. I do my own quilting, but it would be nice to have one done for me.

Free and/or fast shipping is fine and well, but ultimately what drives me to buy is selection. I like seeing new precuts and collections from modern and contemporary designers (think design houses like Dear Stella, Free Spirit). If there's nothing that really catches my eye, I don't want to end up with fabric I only kinda like just because I wanted something new. Often, the prettiest coordinating yardage for precuts is sold out soon after they appear on the site. Then I'd have to buy border fabric somewhere else.

I haven't been depending on MSQC for basics like solids since the selection and availability can be pretty lackluster. The Grunge Basics selection offered by MSQC is very limited compared to other online shops.

Comment

• wlrquilts
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jun 2012

I just set you an email asking to be a tester.
                            Wendy
                            http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

• JCY
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jul 2013

I also do most of my own quilting. I never have used M*'s quilting services. If I have a larger quilt that needs to be done, I use a local LA quilter. There are several in my quilt guild.

Comment

Working...
                              X