• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • minipinlady
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2018

Re: Beta testers needed for new MSQC Shipping program

Everyone's covered all I could say , but just to be adding my voice here in agreement, I will post this. Never been a fan of Amazon . I would be happy if MSQC just went back to their previous shipping system to Canada. I understand we are a whole other ballgame here. For us the exchange rate makes a huge dent in a lot of our choices . So shipping to us was just right before FedEx. Thanks for hearing us .

Comment

• Trudy A
      Designer Diva
      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
      I'm curious how you all are approaching the math on this. In my head if we gave you a big chunk of the money back in the form of machine quilting, it's pretty much a wash then you also get free shipping (take the $100 in machine quilting for $129 for example).

The last unicorn, you look at it strictly as the shipping where you'd need to break 1.3 orders a month to make it worth it from a shipping standpoint, if you had the machine quilting credit, would you not use it? Should we try to build a program that ONLY offered shipping discounts and not other perks?
      Yes a program that includes the perk of machine quilting is not for me or many others that I know. A program with shipping offers and maybe even other fabric deals might entice me tho.
      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

• Kgrammiecaz
        Missouri Star
        • May 2013

Gosh I love the first option except for the credit for quilting. I do not ever send anything to anyone to be quilted. If another perk were offered, you would have me for sure.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

• tamsterg7
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2011

I received the email invite and will be signing up tomorrow. Some of the perks in the package I will be testing were not necessarily important to me, but on the whole, I think I will either break even or be ahead. Glad that you are trying new and inventive ideas, and asking opinions before rolling out a final product.

Comment

• K. McEuen
            Super Moderator
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

Since a lot of the people here aren't interested in the machine quilting credit, how about making it equal amount of Quilter's Cash? It still ends up being something that would be spent at M* and might grab more interest to those that do their own quilting.

Another question is, are the quilting credits a "use it or lose it" type deal or can your credit roll over and be combined with your credit the following year. If it accumulates, again, maybe more of an incentive is someone can work toward getting a larger quilt done on credits.
            K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

• GuitarGramma
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2012

Thank you, Al, for coming up with this idea. As my stash is ELE (Exceeds Life Expectancy), I won't be signing up for one of these programs. I'm only chiming in to say that I hope you keep your $5 flat rate option. From a business perspective, that is a really attractive option to prospective customers. It certainly drew me in!
              Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Angelia
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2013

I, too, would prefer to stick to the $5 flat fee. Thanks for listening to our opinions.
                Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

• ktdid
                  The Guild President
                  • Dec 2018

Al, I applaud you for giving so much effort, I also have empathy for your withstanding all the criticisms over shipping. just like death & taxes, your not going to please some of these ladies no matter what you do! The current shipping program is very fair, it's not your (MSQ's) fault someone lives out of the country. Their gripping should be at the country they live in. The extra 2 bucks is not really above what you regularly pay at other places. I like the extra bonus points you give occasionally, or a free charm pack now and then or buy 1 get 1 free?? It's time to end all this grief over shipping. It's time to say "This is our shipping program, so if it doesn't work for some of you, we're sorry.
                  Kate (Oklahoma)
                  There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• MHG Winnower
                    Missouri Star
                    • Nov 2015

So, does the older version of shipping go away? Maybe someone asked this question.
                    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

• Kristler
                      Machine Stitcher
                      • Sep 2016

Al,

I wanted to add my thanks for trying to help with the shipping. In general I think your new expanded options go a long way toward helping out. We use you $2 upgrade now because frankly FedEx smart post is terrible but ground works well enough. I also, being from a rural area, understand the issues you have getting a shipper interested in helping you out. Maybe you need to load up your own trucks and drop them off at the shipper near Kansas City? Anyway as for this beta, I agree with several other that the $50 toward quilting does nothing for us. I did like the suggestion of maybe making a Block subscription an optional replacement for the $50 quilting. I’d honestly go for the FedEx ground option with an annual Block membership right now. By the way we do have an Amazon Prime membership so the idea of prepaying for better shipping is nothing new for us. Another thought I had. Which will be harder to implement I fear, is maybe a take on Amazon’s new Prime Shipping Day, but with a twist. I understand the $25 minimum as you don’t want to ship a $1 item and eat all that cost, but what about maybe once every week or maybe better for you every 2 weeks allow the option (option not forced) for shipping club members to have small items they bought over the last week or 2 shipped? There are many a time we see a daily deal and think we would like it but it’s not worth the shipping for us or you and we aren’t looking at more stuff either. That said if we buy it but it goes into a hold box for us and then ships a couple weeks later when either we have bought a few more things or we just hit our 2 week ship day, great. I can see this causing some serious logistics problems for you guys though but it would be nice. Anyway again thanks for the work on the shipping options and if you do the shipping club thing, please make options other than the quilting credit an option.

Thanks

Comment

• Bubby
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jun 2011

I use a local LAQer, so the offer doesn't appeal to me. I can see where it will be a good deal for many of us. Would there still be an occasional Free Shipping Daily Deal for those of us who don't participate in the new program?
                        Last edited by Bubby; July 18, 2019, 06:07 AM.
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• BarbaraB
                          Designer Diva
                          • Dec 2016

I too am appreciative of the effort you've put into the shipping problems. I'm happy with things the way they are now. If I need something quickly, I'll pay extra for it. I'm an Amazon Prime member but re-thinking it as it's gotten so expensive. Being in a rural area, we use Amazon for our general shopping of stuff. I don't use your quilting service, mainly because the turn around time is so long, and if even more people take advantage of the offer, it will be even longer. The one time I used it, the quilting was good, but there were hundreds of holes where the quilting had been started and then ripped out. And it took weeks before anyone could verify that my quilt had arrived. That was very scary. I sincerely hope you leave some cheap options that don't make me pay to get something I won't use.
                          Barbara

Comment

• shermur
                            Missouri Star
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Kristler View Post
                            Al,

I wanted to add my thanks for trying to help with the shipping. In general I think your new expanded options go a long way toward helping out. We use you $2 upgrade now because frankly FedEx smart post is terrible but ground works well enough. I also, being from a rural area, understand the issues you have getting a shipper interested in helping you out. Maybe you need to load up your own trucks and drop them off at the shipper near Kansas City? Anyway as for this beta, I agree with several other that the $50 toward quilting does nothing for us. I did like the suggestion of maybe making a Block subscription an optional replacement for the $50 quilting. I’d honestly go for the FedEx ground option with an annual Block membership right now. By the way we do have an Amazon Prime membership so the idea of prepaying for better shipping is nothing new for us. Another thought I had. Which will be harder to implement I fear, is maybe a take on Amazon’s new Prime Shipping Day, but with a twist. I understand the $25 minimum as you don’t want to ship a $1 item and eat all that cost, but what about maybe once every week or maybe better for you every 2 weeks allow the option (option not forced) for shipping club members to have small items they bought over the last week or 2 shipped? There are many a time we see a daily deal and think we would like it but it’s not worth the shipping for us or you and we aren’t looking at more stuff either. That said if we buy it but it goes into a hold box for us and then ships a couple weeks later when either we have bought a few more things or we just hit our 2 week ship day, great. I can see this causing some serious logistics problems for you guys though but it would be nice. Anyway again thanks for the work on the shipping options and if you do the shipping club thing, please make options other than the quilting credit an option.

Thanks
                            I recommended the shipping from Kansas City a long time ago....I quilt my own quilts and I have never sent a quilt to be quilted to M*. This beta testing would not work for me either.....
                            Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                              Missouri Star
                              • Aug 2015

I certainly wish you luck with the testers. I do hope that this will not be the only option to ship. Delivery is good to Canada, once it has crosses the border and stops its tour of the U.S. I quilt my own or have done by LAQ so I would not be using this service. I'm certain this would raise issues with Customs. I also don't shop Amazon, and don't shop online generally except for MSQC and a few quilt sites.

I have long wondered why shipments aren't loaded on your own trucks and brought to major city where shipping is better.
                              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• BillNye
                                Administrator
                                The Guild President
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                                Since a lot of the people here aren't interested in the machine quilting credit, how about making it equal amount of Quilter's Cash? It still ends up being something that would be spent at M* and might grab more interest to those that do their own quilting.

Another question is, are the quilting credits a "use it or lose it" type deal or can your credit roll over and be combined with your credit the following year. If it accumulates, again, maybe more of an incentive is someone can work toward getting a larger quilt done on credits.
                                That's a good idea Karen, it's an interesting spot to try and navigate, I don't think we could do a quilters cash swap for dollars, we can trade services though, I'll keep working on some other perks that could get folded in here.

The quilting credits would roll over, honestly, my expected use of them is for the quilts that get made that go in a stack in the closet because you'll get around to getting them quilted later. My thinking was if we can help finish those, turn those tops into quilts easily, it'd be a really helpful perk. Most of your quilts will likely go to a quilter, but like a quilt mom makes for Josh for his birthday, she just needs it done, she'd send it to machine quilting if there was $50 off in there sort of thing.

I'll keep working on it

Comment

Working...
                                X