Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Beta testers needed for new MSQC Shipping program

Quote Originally Posted by ktdid View Post
    I cannot believe you people are STILL gripping over shipping. I did a sample of other companies. I would think after comparing the others to MSQ you'd stop complaining.
    Fab.com $5.00 8-10 days
    Equilter 6.99 2 day ship
    Paducah $7.99 5-7 days
    Joann $7.99 up to 10 days
    Fat Qtr. 7.99 up to 7 days / 2-day $20.00 seriously!
    Conn. Threads $4.99 5-14 days
    Nancy's $6.99 5-9 days.
    MSQ $7.00 2 day ship!!
    KTdid- Just wondering why you omitted the 2-3 Day USPS priority mail option for $4.95? I didn't check the other prices, but this is one I know and use.

Al - I agree with those who say that we just need a good ole USPS solution - like when you first went into business. I've been around here long enough to remember $5 Flat rate shipping by first class/priority mail. I wouldn't mind paying $7 for that, but these other services just aren't worth it.

All in all, I am glad that you are listening and trying to work out a solution, but, I am getting ready to retire and my stashing days are going to be behind me soon. At least I may have time now to finish those partially done projects I couldn't get what I needed in time to finish for gifting.
    Donna

2. Thanks auntstuff, shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    KTdid- Just wondering why you omitted the 2-3 Day USPS priority mail option for $4.95? I didn't check the other prices, but this is one I know and use.

Al - I agree with those who say that we just need a good ole USPS solution - like when you first went into business. I've been around here long enough to remember $5 Flat rate shipping by first class/priority mail. I wouldn't mind paying $7 for that, but these other services just aren't worth it.

All in all, I am glad that you are listening and trying to work out a solution, but, I am getting ready to retire and my stashing days are going to be behind me soon. At least I may have time now to finish those partially done projects I couldn't get what I needed in time to finish for gifting.
    I agree, Donna. That $4.95 USPS works for me! It never takes more than 4-5 days (normally 3 days) to get to me from Texas. MSQC takes a minimum of 8-11 days on the average. I haven't ordered from M* in almost 3 months......
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

4. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I don't expect to see the Priority Flat Rate option being one of MSQ's offerings anytime soon. Their claim of several million packages shipped per year, according to them would overwhelm the PO. Not true, but... Unless commercial accounts get a better USPS rate than the rest of us, each package mailed would cost them $2.00 if they adhere to the "standard" $4.95 flat rate. Until this option is offered MSQ will likely lose business to the companies that do. I can order 5 yds. of fabric (yes, it fits in a flat rate envelope) on Sunday afternoon and receive it Wednesday morning at the latest. That's all we're asking. Until then... we go elsewhere. Personally when I need stuff, I want it NOW! I don't mind paying whatever the shippers actual cost is, but I want the option. For the most part I don't "shop" with a dollar amount in mind to get the "free freight" deal. It's usually on a slow boat and I don't have the patience for that. Fewer shipping options= fewer orders. More options equal more orders. Let the shipper figure out a way so it's not a big suck on profits. Your call.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

6. Thanks The_Last_Unicorn, shermur, auntstuff, quiltingaway thanked for this post